Check your license !

ncountry

Today  i was going through my wallet and pulled my hunting license and tags out. I have tons of pretty camouflage colored papers with ZERO writing left on them.0 nada..(except for the standard print on the back) I cannot identify a single one. Good thing I haven't had to use any of my tags yet. I am assuming I can have a new license and tags printed out ? hopefully not have to claim it was lost and have to pay another $10.00. What would I have done if I shot a deer  where I hunt in the ADKs and discovered this? I wouldn't have been a happy camper...lol

Edited by ncountry

I was one of the "lucky" ones that has printing on both side of the perforated lines, if i use a tag ill have to cut it off with scissors.

Oh yeah, I was 2 hours and they printed them off 4 or 5 times and we sorted through them all and picked out the ones that printed in the right spot.

Just fill them out with you Cap'n Crunch invisible ink pen, and make copies of  them on your etch-a-sketch.

DEC officials have special de-coder rings, glasses, and scanners to keep track of your harvests this way.

They are aware these plastic tags suck and are fully prepared to handle issues such as this! :rolleyes:

• Like 1

A friend of mine was complaining about the same thing. He got a deer the other day and when he went to fill out the tag, he said a lot of the print was faded to almost nothing. My license is printed on last years yellow paper & the print is fine.

All I can say is that I will take my chances. My perforations are all over the place so i cut them with scissors to make sure my numbers are there. Now, I have to worry about the ink coming off. A guy at work checked his today, and lo and behold, his are almost blank now. What a joke.

I will not be spending more time getting more tags. I paid my money, I am on record, and I will put my tags, as is, on my deer.  Piss poor attitude, I know, but I am sick of the crap that goes on with our state government and its agencies.

• Like 1

In my opinion, operator error and old worn out (agent owned) printers/computers have more to do with it than the DEC. The issuing agents buy a computer/printer and try to squeeze out every red cent possible. In all actually, the machine likely pays for itself on any one given day between August and October. The guy @ Dicks told me that their machine is getting junked after this season.