This poor kid no reason for this

bowtech2

Now you can see the mentality behind the anti-hunting crowd. They too think that their "favorite species" is cool. Logic or science is replaced by their emotions. They simply let irrational emotion dictate their actions. Animal rights people carry this kind of thing to extremes where they want to mandate that all hunting be ceased, but the basic emotional mentality really is not all that different. the killing of rats, bugs and other vermin is ok, but it is not ok to kill the "cool" animals.....lol. Hey, I suppose that is just the way human nature works for many. Maybe we all have a bit of Bambi-ism buried in us somewhere.

While your point is fair for the anti-hunting crowd I'm guessing as Rossi said, a lot of these posts were not from the anti's. A lot of these were fece sitters Edited by Belo

I don't think fence sitters would be that vile in their replies, if they would even take time to reply at all.  Fence sitters are convoluted in their feelings and need time to think about how something makes them feel.

Anti's attack to degrade and condemn, so the non-committed won't even think about approving of it.

I find it odd that the guy who printed the article knew this would blow up, yet he chose to put this kid out there for people to attack..while a nice trophy, I think protecting our children should come first.

he wanted the attention, there is no reason that photo should just be in someones family album or hanging on their wall.

whats the point of putting it out there when you know what will come of it.

Fact - What Gavin did was LEGAL.  That should be the end of the arguments from anyone who gives this kid and his family a hard time.  FACT - The only thing different about this Deer is that it has a rare genetic deficiency.  Nothing special about it at all.  Albinos are taken every year, people who haven't a clue about hunting are just looking to make an argument against a National Pastime that has been around long before baseball.  FACT - Gavin and his father used their own judgement on whether or not to kill the deer, same as all of us whether we choose to or not - Shoot a Doe, Fawn, Button Buck, Spike, Crotch Horn, etc.  No one is right or wrong on their personal choice to legally kill a deer or any other animal that has a season. 

• Like 3

Personal choice. I think they're cool and rare. Perhaps others will get a chance to see him too. Same reason I don't hunt fox or would I trap beaver.

I think it's ok for me NOT to shoot something right?

I was just curious... you do realize that by this kid killing that albino.. more people got to see it than they ever would have in the woods... just sayin'.... yes we all have the luxury of choice when it comes to the animals we choose to take and I respect yours.

Edited by nyantler

I was just curious... you do realize that by this kid killing that albino.. more people got to see it than they ever would have in the woods... just sayin'.... yes we all have the luxury of choice when it comes to the animals we choose to take and I respect yours.

A buck on the wall is not like a buck in a pen which is not like a buck in the woods.

• 2 weeks later...

At the end of the day it's a deer and to be honest because it's an albino it's a defective deer. A healthy run of the mill deer should be praised more than something that's genetically inferior. I don't see what the uproar is about. He did what he was legally allowed to do and harvested an animal that will probably put food on his table. To threaten a kid for doing what been done in America for centuries is sick.

• Like 1