Opening Weekend

skeets716

Got to take of Thurs & Fri to enjoy a little peace and quiet before the whole crew (which diminished to 5 out of an expected 9) rolled in.  Saw a ton of Doe all day, first two were within 2 minutes of being in the woods.  Three drives for the day on top of Morning Watch.  This Buck was shot by my buddy around 3:15 pm in a slow drizzle that mixed in absolute downpour every 10 minutes or so.  Thankfully my son can come up for this weekend and enjoy this time honored tradition.

post-3771-0-06492300-1414423299_thumb.jp

Edited by skeets716
  • Like 1

Envious of traditions like these. My only tradition sadly is I hunt opening day and turkey day morning. I hunt solo but someday would love to get into a group hunt at camp like that. 

Driving deer already ? 

We always put on drives, we hunt a big area, usually do a Morning Hunt, Drive during the day and then Afternoon Watch if we are up to it.

Check out www.madriverclub.com if it makes sense to you geographically, we are always taking new members.  16,000+ acres to hunt with a couple of spots in and around CNY - NNY.