Do Bobcats kill deer? I guess so who'da thunk it.

erussell

Cool pics, but it just shows the bobcat attacking a deer, there are no pics of it feeding on the dead deer or of the carcass. Also, we dont know if the deer was injured or sick before the bobcat attacked it. This is also the first time I have seen pics of a bobcat killing a grown deer. Does it happen? Probably sometimes, but does it happen regularly or to healthy, full grown deer? Who knows.

Im just skeptical about these things.

Cool pics, but it just shows the bobcat attacking a deer, there are no pics of it feeding on the dead deer or of the carcass. Also, we dont know if the deer was injured or sick before the bobcat attacked it. This is also the first time I have seen pics of a bobcat killing a grown deer. Does it happen? Probably sometimes, but does it happen regularly or to healthy, full grown deer? Who knows.

Im just skeptical about these things.

I agree the deer was probably injured or sick or something that allowed a bobcat to attack it and bring it down. 

We all know a full growndog can kill a deer.  I have ran cats for a few years with hounds.  And I will tell you that a cat even after beinghit will pound the hell out of a dog.  We never got to the point were they will kill a dog . But, we did not wait that long. But. I can definatly see it happen. A 50 lb cat could esily take down a deer.