Vacation?

BBDEric

When is everyone using up their vacation. I am off from Oct 31st till Nov 12th. Hope to see some good action. Last year I took the 7th-20th of November and only saw a hand full of deer. So I am going back to the first full week of November. Just want to hear what everyone else is doing.

I stated on Oct 27th and go,back a few days after opening day of gun.....

Although a NYC wedding is killing 3 days next week ! But I plan to hunt hard before and after ,so could be a nice break .

Today I saw 8 bucks,,two shooters and a couple of the young ones were chasing does all over. A wide 8pt walking the open hardwoods at 10:00 am,saw him yesterday at 9:30 a couple hundred yards over in a thicket. I'll be Hitting it hard Sunday to Thur.

I took my first day off today and plan to pick and choose 5 work days to take off between Nov 3rd and 14th based on weather. 

ncountry, i nap sometimes too but am trying not to this year and to help with that I take a 5hr engergy drink with me now. I had a decent 8, 14" spread sneak in at 1:15pm on and all day sit today. He came in and worked a scrape right in front of me. I have not heard a grunt or seen any chasing yet. I have a feeling when it does start, it's going to be a strong rut this year.

• Like 1