Cold!!

Lawdwaz

Boy was I cold this morning.  I think it was around 29 with a stiff north northwest breeze.  SOB I was chilled!!

My fault it would appear as I was under gunned......one holy glove for my left hand, short sleeve long underwear top, light long john bottoms  and no hand or foot warmer  That won't happen again!

I have all you could ever need to stay warm but it seems each year it takes the shock of the first truly cold morning to hammer it home.   It was hammered home today!!

My hands still hurt from the TWO trips (one trip for nature break) up/down the ladder.  I ended up seeing a full bag of game though; 3 bucks, one doe, a hen & 3 poults and one adult tom.  Only thing I could have killed was one of the buck and I'm tag-less in that department..........

Were you cold?

what's next....is someone gonna tell me that the warming feeling I get when I drink blackberry brandy on stand is not really raising my core body temperature?

I kid you not, yesterday I was at a friends house in Pendleton looking at some real old pictures and watching it snow. He said "hey, you want a beer?" No thanks I said. Then he says "how about a shot of blackberry brandy?" I said yes please............ :)

Needless to say I stopped and bought a pint (only size they had on hand) at the local spirits store. I'm figuring just for medicinal purposes though............. :)

I bet I haven't had BB in 10 years till yesterday. Good stuff!

• Like 1

A good hand pouch is worth very penny you spend. I never leave home w/o it. When it gets really cold I use the warmers inside it. Another thing that works well is a wool glove like from an army navy store (black or green) and the light camp archery glove over it.

I lasted 6am-8:45am and decided to get out of my stand because it was "technically 9:45am" and i was frigid with snow blowing off the trees and onto me

I forgot my release and went back to my stand at 9:30am from the house and noticed beyond fresh tracks of a single deer in the snow that came within 10 yards of my stand so I took my trail camera card and looked at the 10 photos of the 8 point big bodied buck that came by at 9am.....15 minutes after i left

• Like 1

Perfect set up..passed on a Fox...doe comes in directly down wind gets 5 ft from stand...b behind me...I sit tight with x bow...she spooks and bolts WTFudge!!..think the buck urine I spilled on boots did it...insulated hunting boots came out when I got home...I'm jinxed!!

LOL......good times!!