Rut Report Thread

Canis Latrans

Ok I've been hunting a few different areas and have had a few different results

3s. Younger buck starting to chase does scrapes and rubs all over the place I have seen more road kill young bucks and some does as well... I personally feel watching for increase in road kill is a great way to see what they are doing

3n some scrapes and rubs no chasing

3h. I was up there all weekend and Monday saw a few scrapes and rubs but no chasing at all does were still coming in in a big group 10+ at a time.... Younger bucks were coming in to feed before the does and leaving right before they got there... Big boys only seen way before and after legal... I'll be headed up here for this coming weekend hoping things get going quick

7F…Finally saw a nice mature buck this morning. ( He was in range but  I just couldn't get a stink'n shot @#$%!!). Anyway….he was just walking through. He stopped twice to just give the ground a quick sniff and then just slowly walked off. He payed zero attention to a couple soft grunts I gave him.  Things have to pop anytime now..

Last night at go time in 9F Big 6 (outside the ears) was chasing a doe. Wehrle and Harris Hill in Lancaster. Slob of a buck, looked like Shane Conlan without a neck.  Watched them for awhile as did 3 other vehicles.

Brother in 8G had two small bucks locked up in field in front of his house.

Buddy in 9F had a nice buck in his yard with his nose to the ground this morning