Rut Report Thread

Canis Latrans

anyone else have any info on the 3n/3s area. I got skunked Tuesday and Wednesday but am hoping for a different morning tomorrow. Iv only seen a few scrapes in some areas and that's it.

Nothing in 3n except the 8 pt I saw this morning as I pulled into parking spot at 530am

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3S had a spike and 4 sparring for about 5 mins while a doe sat there and watched, don't think we're in seeking yet cuz 2 doe came in alone but action is picking up from last weekend, I'd say we're a few days away from seeking

Hopefully today or tomorrow otherwise saturday gun for me

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have been hunting Letchworth for the last 6 days and am seeing a lot of rutting bucks chasing,tracking,and trolling for does. Seems like a lot more in the last few days. Nothing within range but a broken horned 4 or 6 hounding a doe . Buddy and I watched a real nice 8 or 10 chaseing a doe right up the side of the rd towards us,who happened to be leaning against the tailgait at 11:am . They were within 100 yds when finally the 2 nd car that stopped to watch spooked the back into the woods..lol

I am in 4P and the last few weekends I am going up from LI to the property. I have noticed more deer on the side of the road.

3 weeks ago around 10:30AM I was putting along on the quad on my logging trail to one of my cameras when 50' to my right the biggest deer I have ever seen just watched me go by and never moved. I didn't make direct eye contact with him just a glance here and there and kept moving. I went to the end of the trail and turned around and came back. He was still there and looking at the area where I just was. Until I was parallel with him did he look at me. He had a massive 8 point rack and his throat and chest were huge. His antlers looked very dark compared to stark white. I though he was an elk or something. all he did was turn around after I passed him with his nose to the ground and slowly walked up the hill and disappeared . That night I had this on my camera but this may not be the same deer but maybe the angle of the camera throws it off or I had buck fever. I didn't see him last weekend but this morning around 7:00AM on my morning patrol to my tree stand I jumped him he ran 75' ahead of me twice as I got close and did it over and over. All the while let out the warning yelp. Finally he took off and as he was going over the hill and running hard I could hear him yelping for 1/2 mile. I got to my stand and went up. 10 minutes later a lone 4 point walked through about 150 yards away. I lost him in the thickets with my binoculars. His was walking slow and sniffing the ground along. The rut is days away. I also found 1 scrape on the trail.

Sorry this so long winded but I didn't see any bucks all summer or fall. They are coming out of no where and I have no one to tell.

I have 4 1/2 days before I get the hell out of here and get up state for opening day. post-1198-0-87301800-1415578526_thumb.jp  

Was up in 4P this weekend.  No signs that the chase is on rub and scrape activity have increased. My buddy watched a group of 4 doe walk for about 200yds with nothing behind them for at least a half hour.  I had a doe come in by herself she sniffed a mock and continued on her way. Then I took her from about 25yds. Yesterday morning was a bust. Heading back up Friday night for the first 3 days of opening weekend.  I can only assume that they'll be seeking/chasing by then.  Fingers crossed got a few nice bucks on the property.