Rut Report Thread

Canis Latrans

During Bow things where slow really don't like it starting as early as it did. All the Bucks on my Cam's where 12am-2am most activity. On 11/11-11/16 I checked Scraps being checked night no daytime deer pic's  only the three doe I seen opening day one with hurt back leg. No chasing since opening day Scrapes are stale maybe tending doe or shot on opening day. Will pull them this week like to see what's still kicking, I am going to move in closer to thicker cover to see what's going on, when pressures on I usually can pull it off and kill a big one hanging close to doe bedding

Saw a bunch of nervous looking does but also still saw some older does with their fawns. I also had a half racked buck chase a doe around for 20 min. After I did a grunt and snort wheeze, he stopped made some scrapes and followed the trail the doe did. I saw a decent 8 point locked down with a doe the last weekend of bow season too. 

Went to the new public area today, saw nothing, with this warm weather every dogwalker, biker, was out, even horseback riding folks. Funny thing is I was sitting in a ghost blind and they walked by me like 10 yards..lol, never knew I was there...

Deer sightings are way down here in 4h. Lots of hunting pressure surrounding our properties but very little shooting going on. Have been hunting very close to known doe bedding areas and seeing a few younger bucks pushing the does around. No sight of the mature bucks we had seen a few times durring bow season. I may be wearing my spots a little thin being so close to the bedding spots and moving around quite a bit to try and get a shot at one of the big guy's comming in or going out. I'm sure they are now locked down with the girls, and hunting the thick stuff,you just can't see very far. But I'm still seeing their tracks and am certain at least one of them are still close by. Back to work tomorrow and will give my areas a chance to hopefully not be bothered for a few days. Seasons not over and I won't give up untill it is!