First DIY silver skin question

Al Bundy

Doing my best here but not sure I am doing things right. I'm trying to make sure I get all the silver skin off but it's a ton of work. Not sure I am removing silver skin correctly. Are there any tips to make it move along? Also.. I am not certain what is silver skin. Some of the images here,I try to capture what I think it is. The first image with my hand is the tenderloin, I think the white strip is silver skin that needs removing? Second image some of the white color skin is silver skin also? Thanks..

Any advice is appreciated. Thanks.

post-4186-0-43067600-1415237739_thumb.jp

post-4186-0-26190300-1415237779_thumb.jp

I leave the silver skin on the backstraps , then cut it about 2" thick then cut into 1"thick leaving the silver skin to hold the 2 pieces together .We call them butterfly chops. Cook them on a George Foreman grill for 3-4 min.,DO NOT COOK THEM ON A GAS GRILL OR YOU'LL END UP WITH SHOE LEATHER.

Key to cooking venison steaks is to under cook, rare or med rare , tender and juicy. Or low and slow for roasts.

• Like 1

good real sharp filet knife. It is something that's a pain in the ass, and there are some tips but not really any secret trick other than have a group of people to help haha. Silver skin is one of the leading causes of gamy tasting meat. Get it off!

One of the reasons some people don't just mine paying $80.

Edited by Belo