Thoughts on Mathews NO CAM bow?

stevenjackson

I'm ready to see more reviews but this bow is just odd and maybe cool?  Anyone shot it or seen it first hand I've love to hear about it. Some have thrown a fit about it but aside the price it's a positive thing I think. I'm guessing most people that can afford to buy it will keep their current bows and shoot both. 

Only one video out so far on it.   http://huntervids.com/videos/mathews-archery-feel-the-future-mathews-no-cam/

I think they're going for accuracy and a smooth draw with this bow.  I've used wheel bows in the past and they do have advantages.

I currently use an Onieda Phantom.  No wheels or cams at all and super accurate.  No where near the price of this new no cam bow either.

post-177-0-43277700-1415537635_thumb.jpg

There has to be something I am missing here. Decades ago we had round wheel , two wheel bows where the wheels are mounted eccentrically to get the let-off. That is "old-tech" not some new invention.

The video is long on fancy-talk superlatives and absolutely missing any useful info. If they are asking gobs of money for a round wheel eccentric bow, I have a whole wall full of them that I will let go for approximately 1/8 of that price.....lol.

• Like 2

I could see this as a retro collectors item. I just can't see it going to far as a hunters bow. They took the ecc wheel as far as they could. Or...Did they? Who knows... I can't see this as an option for hunters these days. At least not in a brand new off the rack bow. 

Some people will buy anything with the right brand name slapped on it.

I enjoyed the part of the video where the guy explained how every cam combo was tried in order to make a no cam bow. Uhhhhhh, what did I miss?

Also, most accurate bow ever? Like guys havent been cutting Xs with all kinds of bows for years? Give me a break.