Thieves

WNYBuckHunter

I went to my ground blind this morning only to discover it was gone. This is on a farm I got permission for this year. Only myself and one other guy have permission for this area, and he hasnt hunted at all this year. I am going to talk to the land owner this weekend, but im pretty sure I know the group that took it. They better hope I dont find out it was them.

Some people are scum bags, I hope they feel good that they basically stole from a 6 year old girl because I bought that blind so she could hunt with me.

I think my cousin just got his ground blind ripped off (unless we find it blown away by the wind) from private property that is posted heavily.  We do still get neighbors who hunt the border and shoot onto our side.  Seems like every year I am more disgusted by the level of depravity that some 'hunters' sink to. 

How hard is it to stay where you have permission, shoot what you have a tag for, and respect other people's property?  Too hard for some.

Man that does suck when people can't read ( posted signs ). I have never had a blind stolen but I had a camera taken once but he was caught because the dum **s went right by another camera he didn't know of.

Next time just put a infrared camera on a tree above your blind that should help you out. I hope you explained to your daughter that only a small % of people not true hunters are that way. all the best to you.

Thanks guys, yeah Im pretty upset about it and my daughter is bummed. Im pretty sure it didnt get blown away, the chairs were still right there and they are very lightweight too, so the wind would have taken or at least blown them a little ways. I had the blind staked down very well with 5 stakes on the bottom and all 4 wall ropes in place. I did explain to my daughter that some people are just jealous or not good and dont care how they make other people feel or that they dont have a right to take things. Im not letting it get me down, Ill be putting one of my new ladder stands up tomorrow so that I have something to hunt out of next weekend. My IR cam will be 15 feet up a tree nearby focused on the stand. Ill press charges against whoever I catch stealing it.

A week before deer season opened, I discovered my tree stand (chained and locked) stolen. It was 200 feet behind my back fence on my neighbors property. I am the only person that has permission to hunt the land. As the surrounding land is all residential (I have permission to hunt from all adjoining landowners for the legal distance requirements), it had to be a neighbor who stole it. WTF! Pathetic. And what is worse, for anyone else to hunt the land, they are doing it illegally. They do not have permission either to hunt the land or to discharge a weapon from the nearby residences.

these people should not be considered "hunters"  or "sportsmen" .  scumbags is  what they are.  if u steal a blind or a treestand  u are a scumbag.  unfortunately they are among us. littering, poaching, stealing blinds/stands, tresspassing, etc.  I dont know how they sleep at night.

WNY..sorry to hear this. I hope the bastard tries to steal your stand and you get their pic.

Doc...we didn't lock our door either...Mom and Dad didn't even have a key for it. There seems to be less and less social stigma associated with being a criminal since we now have social backing to be able to blame it on other factors...."I steal because my mom didn't buy me those air jordan sneakers when I was a kid"...pitty

hope you recover your blind! sucks when people do stupid stuff like that... probably just a wondering person hunting an adjacent property or something... you must have been looking forward to taking your kid out with you.

just dont do anything stupid on your behalf. dont want to go out and just blame or pick a fight with someone over it....

Nah I am going to go about it the legal way. Basically my plan is to go to the farmer's house and just explain to him that my blind came up missing and that there was a trail camera in the vicinity that snapped a couple of photos of the blind. Ill tell him that if the blind were to be left in front of my barn, there would be no questions asked. Hopefully that will make the blind turn up, if not, I guess Ill just have to take it as my first lesson in the area. Ill be using cable locks on everything next year, thats for sure.

Oh, btw, for those of you with ladder stands, I saw nice ladder sections at Dicks yesterday with removable steps. Pretty nice and another way to secure your stands. I plan on picking those up for all of my ladder stands. Between those and cable locks, it should be enough.

I made a few of my stands inaccessable to anyone by being able to move and lock the foot platform . Mine are all on private property . But ..... if someone got upset that I had done this and wanted to be a jerk , he could just yank out a ladder section and make a real mess . Anyway , so far - so good !

Tresspassers are bad enough, but thieving tresspassers should be shot! I don't know what it is about gun season, but it seems to bring out the worst in some people. They must feel they have the right to go where ever they want to hunt, with total disregard and disrespect for landowners and posted property.

Nah I am going to go about it the legal way. Basically my plan is to go to the farmer's house and just explain to him that my blind came up missing and that there was a trail camera in the vicinity that snapped a couple of photos of the blind. Ill tell him that if the blind were to be left in front of my barn, there would be no questions asked. Hopefully that will make the blind turn up, if not, I guess Ill just have to take it as my first lesson in the area. Ill be using cable locks on everything next year, thats for sure.

Oh, btw, for those of you with ladder stands, I saw nice ladder sections at Dicks yesterday with removable steps. Pretty nice and another way to secure your stands. I plan on picking those up for all of my ladder stands. Between those and cable locks, it should be enough.

Unfortunately nothings enough, a treestand can never be totally protected. we have had our fair share stolen on the land we own and farm. Pretty ballsie too, were always wandering around our property.

it is called hunter insanity

Calling it insanity gives the impression they have no Idea what they are doing. I beleive they know exactly what they are doing. A crappy economy doesn't help either. Some people are desperate for money and would steal their mothers dentures and sell them to make a quick buck. Others are probably just pissed off in general and will take it out on anyone because they are an A hole by nature and stealing your stand somehow sticks it to the man in their mind even though they are just hurting one of their own. So beware even if its tied down it could still disapear. Its human nature to do wrong, How does the saying go. Arrest a man for stealing bolts from a train track and send him to college and when he graduates he will have figure out how to steal the whole train station.  :D