Dear members of the orange army

Short Track Hunter

Do NOT shoot at Orange !!!   Make sure you know what you're shooting at  !!!   Deer's are typically brown, maybe a few white botches here & there.  But typically brown, with a white tail.   They are NOT orange.  

Don't use your scope to look at me from 1000 yards away.  Ya, you, you know who I'm talking about.

Most of us have a wife & kids to come home to.

THANK YOU.

• Like 5

Do NOT shoot at Orange !!!   Make sure you know what you're shooting at  !!!   Deer's are typically brown, maybe a few white botches here & there.  But typically brown, with a white tail.   They are NOT orange.  

Don't use your scope to look at me from 1000 yards away.  Ya, you, you know who I'm talking about.

THANK YOU.

Just the reason i hunt where you will not see another person and if you do....He is a real hunter and would never do the things you mention.

• Like 1

THANK YOU.

Dear others as well,

Don't shoot at brown either. Only deer! :hunter-smiley-face:

• Like 2

I wouldn't shoot at you even if you and your family were wearing a deer costume. I've been doing this for too long to be fooled.

I think most of us here have the utmost respect for the non-hunters with whom we share the woods each fall. With the exception of some of the motorized vehicle guys who resemble packs of coyotes.

Wear orange, put orange on the family and on the dog, and you'll be fine.

• Like 7

binos are 20 bucks get a pair you scope is not for any thing but killing you should not lift your gun untill you know 100 percent its a deer no matter what color it is as for color i stopped wearing orange because i was tired of bullets flying by me i now wear camo only hunt from a stand and enter and exit the woods during datkness some people will do all the srupid stuff we just mentioned even after reading this

• Like 2

And there's so much more to it than that.  Be aware of what is beyond the deer you are shooting at! Bullets travel a long ways. Is there another hunter over there? A house? No deer out there is worth taking a crazy shot that my harm another hunter or property. Lets all be safe and have a great deer season!

I don't get it I guess... Maybe I just can't comprehend the incompetence... To me all aspects of safe firearm handling apply to hunting.... Know your backstop and be 100% sure of what your shooting. Always point in a safe direction....etc..

I understand accidents happen. But I'm sure most could be avoided d with thought.

• Like 1

NY is known for hunting accidents. Some guy killed his hunting partner last year. A few years ago, 2 hunters shot Elk, I don't know what happened to them. A little kid was shot driving deer a few years ago.

I sometimes think hunting public land is better, because others should expect to see others.

Actually NY has one of the better records - better than some states with mandatory BO.

The original post is a condescending piece of crap.

• Like 8

NY is known for hunting accidents. Some guy killed his hunting partner last year. A few years ago, 2 hunters shot Elk, I don't know what happened to them. A little kid was shot driving deer a few years ago.

I sometimes think hunting public land is better, because others should expect to see others.

I don't believe there was a death last year and NY has a pretty good safety record IMO

Well I for one am glad you posted it...never hurts to have some things in the back of your mind for some....and a needed in your face for others...now

Lets add more on the back stop....please do not shoot at sky lined deer....they do move and will go to a descent back drop...if not...it's not worth risking anothers life...remember those "hunting accidentents"...well now ppl are getting jail time in many cases.

In my years of hunting I've seen the number of hunting accidents come down slowly. But it is not at zero and in my opinion never will be. Do you really have to shoot at a running deer five times,reload and pop off three or four more? I don't want to be a statistic,so always be sure of where your bullets or slugs are going! Keep it safe out there and good luck everyone.

• Like 1

Know what is beyond your target and what your target is those are a must. How ever sense a round from a gun can travel a long distance it may be a little hard to know what is actually in your shooting path 100 yards or more away. If a person is wearing camo or brown they may not be seen even with binos. At that distance they would blend in pretty well. Orange is easy to see at at that distance even if the hunter is not out in the open and is not moving. I am not saying there are not hunters who just shoot reguardless of what is in there line of fire and I am not saying unloading your gun on a running deer is the thing to do I usually tell those guys they need their license taken away. I am saying that camo and brown blend in even when useing binos that makes it hard to knoe exactly what is in your line of fire at times. Deer are gotten every year by guys who are wearing orange so we do not NEED to wear the camo.

By the way what is deers I have of deer 1 deer 2 deer 3 deer but not deers.

Does the name Short Track imply you are from there. The small town near Fillmore I mean.

actually, NY is low on the list of hunting accidents....

Actually NY is among the safest states in terms of shooting incidents.  You are much more likely to injured climbing in and out of your tree stand.  And the larger number of incidents are during turkey hunting season than deer season.  Just the facts..  

The guy who killed his hunting partner last year, got off without jail time. So therefore, I hunt alone.

George Thorogood Song: I HUNT ALONE, yeah / With nobody else / I hunt alone, yeah / With nobody else / You know when I hunt alone / I come out alive. Every morning just before breakfast, I don't want no coffee or tea Just me and good buddy Remington, That's all I ever need, 'Cause I hunt alone, yeah, With nobody else, Yeah, you know when I hunt alone, I prefer to be by myself.