Weapon Choice

john mc

A sheet of paper and a straw early season. Paper clips and a rubber band regular season. If those don't work I use a scary mask for the late season, I set up under ground and pop up "Red Dawn" style and try to scare them to death.

On a serious note, my PSE for all seasons.

Remington M700 Mountain rifle in 7mm08 with Barnes TSX 120 grain handloads...

Scope is a Burris Fullfield II  2 X 7...

Choice for open field shooting..Winchester  M70 lightweight in .280 Rem with Leupold  fixed 6X  and  Barnes TTSX 140 grain handloads...

Fun gun. I carry  it a few  days per season when I feel like GI Joe....  1943 Vintage Garand M1 with  150 grain spitzer softpoints and a handload that duplicates original WWII ballistics.

Browning 3" 20ga...

Remington 243....

Not sure which opening day...not sure where I'm going to set up...to be honest...I'm very nervous about the opening of rifle...many places due to the lay of my land...I'm just under or above "sky line".......I set my rifle stand across road actually 20 yrds off road across from house...180yrds of open shots with a rise on either side that are ridges.... property rises from road and is 400yrds 100ft deep...I won't be shoot towards anything but woods and dirt and I know one will be shooting toward my back and myrt. side....lft I would certainly hope not being so close to the road and all my out buildings/barns

it's so close to the road I have little chance of running deer to the neighbors going in...but they just may run them to me...went over with gator tonite to lower a few sections of garden fence and to cut a few limbs...10 doe and fawn feeding under and around the rifle stand....most other places it's shot gun only close hunting

I haven't taken a deer with the trusty Model 700 in .30-06 in a couple of years, so it's going out with me this morning.  150gr Remington Core-locks.  Also going to try to bag one with the TC PH .50. 

Got one with the Dirty .30 this morning. Next in line is the slug gun, then the ML's. Hoping to get one with each of them this year

winchester 1300 with Aimpoint 9000 and loaded with 2 3/4 " Lightfields but will take out Winchester ML with Bushnell Elite 3 x9x40 firefly. Loaded with 150 grains of 777 and 250 grain Shockwaves. 

Shot a nice doe with the ML yesterday. Just love the way this gun feels in my hands. Believe thats either 9 or 10 with the muzzle stuffer. Bad part is no "empty " to put on the window sill.