Gotta redeem myself...

FrostyLeaves2

So I bought myself a rattle bag this week and sitting in the stand this morning, I thought why not give it a go... After rattling 3 times with a few minutes in between... Within 2 minutes the biggest 8 ptr i have seen came "jogging" out within 10-15 yards from me... He looks around, then goes to eating, I start to shoulder my rifle and just as I do, my elbow hits the side of my stand and that deer ran like there was no tomorrow... He is still out there and a smaller 6 my uncle saw last night... I gotta redeem myself this weekend

They are responding to grunts too....I grunted at a large 5 point that was jogging away from me at 50 yards. He stopped dead in his tracks spun around and came within 10 yards of my stand trying to figure out where the noise came from. I passed as I am waiting for something bigger but wanted to see how they are responding to certain tactics.

I called in a buck with the can call yesterday. I was turned around sideways in the hang on stand looking at a path some does just took in the swamp. Well it was right at dusk and I said what the hell and hit the can call and instantly heard something running. It was in back of me. I turned my head and saw an 8 with really white antlers coming in hot. I tried to scoot around but my back kept rubbing the tree and making noise. He was onto me. I wanted to get a look at his rack before I shot but his head was mostly behind a tree. I put up my binos, and could see a bit of his rack and as I leaned over to try to see more,he saw me and ran away wheezing and screaming. Of course when he was running away I could see he was at least to his ears and definitely a shooter for me. Damnit. I will be back out this weekend and see if I can get him to come in again.