Nephews first deer!!!

MACHINIST

Well this was a awesome day!!! Picked Reed up at 5 am ,hit dunkin and headed to our spot.We set up on the side of the ridge and he watched left and I watched right.Around 715 I saw a doe come out of the gully and she was on her war straight towards us.I told him to get into position,she got to 40 or so yard(my view was blocked by a tree) and he said I am on her good so I said let her have it!!!All I heard was CLICK!!!! the gun was jammed up and wouldn't fire.Now she is staring a hole through him and he says it didn't fire,I told him as soon as she isnt watching to switch guns with me.After a minute or two she headed in the other direction and we switched guns really quick.....long story short he couldn't get a shot at her.As he sat back down I looked at his face ad say the disappointment,thats when I saw this spike.I said Reed there is one right there.So he stood when the deer wasn't looking and waited for a good shot and took it.The deer staggered and I told him to shoot again....and he did till the gun was empty and the deer dropped!!!HAHA Whoops and hollers all through the woods.The shot was 92 yards offhand and when we got close I could see he hit the deer right in the lungs from the first shot and the last one hit the buck in his shoulder and dropped him.I am super proud and he was super excited.Heading back out in 10 to see if I can get his doe tag filled!!

reedsspike_zps32b48483.jpg

• Like 18