Lake Effect!! (AGAIN)

Lawdwaz

Round two of more lake effect snow in progress. Some of these areas have more snow in two days, than was recorded all of last winter combined. When all said and done, some will have ninety inches on the level. The machinery being use for snow removal is jaw dropping. Stone quarry size. Keep it safe; good luck to all those affected. A light at the end of the tunnel this weekend.

I remember snow like this back in 1966. Have pictures of the 1963 storm when I was just a lad. Of coarse, the all time 1977 blizzard.

If their are more pics, please post them up. The news media has tunnel vision, as usual.

The shame of it is 8 have died and I'd bet that number will surely rise as the removal continues.

THEN just think of the warming temps this weekend with rain and how much more weight that will add to the already stressed homes, garages and commercial buildings.

We are FAR from out of the woods on this storm........................... :(

Free tix and you get paid $10/hr to help the Bills remove snow before Sunday's game.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Between the driving bans and the amount of snow STILL coming down that game ain't happening, trust me.  Heck the team isn't even practising unless they are over in the coaches back yard on Lebrun.  :)

Edited by Lawdwaz

The shame of it is 8 have died and I'd bet that number will surely rise as the removal continues.

THEN just think of the warming temps this weekend with rain and how much more weight that will add to the already stressed homes, garages and commercial buildings.

We are FAR from out of the woods on this storm........................... :(

Yep- that's definitely the bad news.

The good news is, this weather and the predicted weekend forecast, has really put a stranglehold on hunting pressure around here, and I expect many more bucks will survive to see the 2014-15 shed season! :yahoo:

I took a hike around yesterday and visibility in the woods is very limited with all the snow clinging to the branches.

Gonna be lots of deer that made it through those first few most productive days that survive another year!

Edited by wooly
  • Like 1

Between the driving bans and the amount of snow STILL coming down that game ain't happening, trust me. Heck the team isn't even practising unless they are over in the coaches back yard on Lebrun. :)

But I got Sammy Watkins on my fantasy team!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk