Thief's & Trespassers

LIWaterman

It is really sickening the bullsh*t that goes on on Long Island, and honestly I can't stomach it any more. I set up a brand new ground blind on a piece of property that is part of a hunting program on Nov. 9 with the intention of hunting it later in the season. Only myself and one other person have permission on this property.  My buddy calls me up yesterday to tell me both of our blinds were stolen as well as both of our cameras.  It totally sickens me that a hunter can live with himself stealing from fellow hunters, you are truly scum of the earth.

Subsequently have photos of some low life trespassing and then hunting on our property on two different occasions. Not sure if the person realized his pictures were taken and that I will be looking for him. However I will be posting these pictures here as my buddy will be on other sites. Maybe someone will step forward with a who he is. I appreciate any info you may have. 

It's really disgusting what goes on within the Long Island hunting community. Despite what you may read, there's plenty of land out here to hunt. No need to trespass to kill a deer. I am more than a gracious person when it comes to pointing new hunters in the right direction, and if someone asked I would help them get a spot or two. 

Good luck out there! 

Sean

post-1161-0-45593900-1416317428_thumb.jp

post-1161-0-94433000-1416317442_thumb.jp

post-1161-0-56026300-1416317452_thumb.jp

post-1161-0-65754100-1416317460_thumb.jp

• Like 1

Area is Bridgehampton. I usually hunt during the week, but this season have been too busy with work. Have only hunted less than ten times total. I'm pretty local, don't really think he is because the property is surrounded by multi-million dollar homes.  The day in October I think he was just scouting, but he may sneak in from the houses behind the property.  The blind was right next to that camera, the other blind was down a hundred yards or so and there was another camera pretty close. 

I think it's great that you got his picture up here and on anyother forum.  If we could get more like this maybe it wouldn't happen as often.  I don't know who he is, wish I did. 

Can you tell by the direction and time stamp where he is coming and going.  It could give you a idea where he parks or what houses he is coming from.

PS. I've had one camera and one hang-on stolen this year so far.

Sean....Welcome to the club. The number of degenerates on long island is astounding. I have had multiple stands and cameras stolen in the last couple of years. I have been hunting for 30 years and just started hunting hear a few years ago. I hunt both public and private land and all of my equipment has been stolen on private land. It sickens me to the point where I almost want to stop hunting here on long island. My advice is do what I do now. I leave nothing I don't want to loose n the woods

Sent from my KFJWI using Tapatalk

I feel your pain.  I never had permission on private land, but I had a stand and camera stolen on public land on the Island.  Haven't hunted out here since.

That guy didn't look like someone who was dressed for scouting- looks to me like he happened to be in the area and saw a buck and then decided to trespass. 

Well, I have 2 questions? Maybe 3. Who owns the house in the pics? Do they own the land as well?

The guy in the pic doesn't act like he's doing anything wrong. Slippers in a field bottom? Sorry, I don;t think think this man was in the wrong. Looks more like he was looking over a spot on his land, and trying to figure out who was hunting it.

If, your $hit was stolen, you have a frikin pic of a potential suspect! Why didn't you call the cops?

Just seems very very odd. Imo, he clearly see's the camera but does not steal it and then later continues to walk past it when hunting. If he were the one stealing the blinds, he would surely steal that camera. 

You mentioned multi-million dollar homes. Do you own this land? If not, perhaps one of the wealthy land owners gave him permission. He does not seem too concerned. 

So what are the details of who owns what? It also seems like the camera is sitting on the edge of a field? Is that a property line at that field? Details please

• Like 1

The field is owned by a large entity who owns thousands of acres out here. Myself and one other person have exclusive rights on this 25 acre field and the strip of wood that borders field. Than its houses.

I agree it's odd as well also because he sees the camera in October and then has the f*cking balls to hunt there first week of November.

It's one thing to sneak in and hunt but another to steal someone's hard earned shit. Especially because this spot can only really be hunted effectively with blinds. Now that there gone I can't really hunt effectively here and Probably won't be allowed back here next year.

I've had stands and cameras stolen before but never really thought someone would take a blind from a field that's in full view of the road.

I checked the camera after I caught him hunting, swapped cards think the 9th and then this past Sunday it was gone.

There's so few dec officers out here they don't have the time to play detective about some stolen shit, too busy dealing with baiters, fishing reg enforcement, etc

I've had stands and cameras stolen before but never really thought someone would take a blind from a field that's in full view of the road.

I checked the camera after I caught him hunting, swapped cards think the 9th and then this past Sunday it was gone.

There's so few dec officers out here they don't have the time to play detective about some stolen shit, too busy dealing with baiters, fishing reg enforcement, etc

You should do a stakeout then beat him when you catch him in the act

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

This just doesn't set right in my gut. The puzzle isn't missing pieces, it's two puzzles in one box.

Like mentioned:

He's wearing slippers in some of the pics. He looks right at the camera, twice. How many of you walk into a field or the woods wearing slippers unless you were withing a few yards of your home? He knows the land.

He even walks right past it at night! Not many thief's have that amount of sack.

Like I said, you have a picture of a possible suspect, yet you clearly have not called the police. Why?

That, and I sure ass hell hope you are bow hunting! Having a cam looking at a house? Ground blinds? I really hope you have no plans on using a firearm in that area.