What's your streak?

BizCT

As I noted in my journal earlier today, this year was my Dad's 48th straight gun opening day in NY that he hunted.  For me, this year was my 19th straight.  I'm 30 years old and couldn't hunt ages 12-15 but I went out anyway and watched my Dad. As a kid, my parents used to let me skip school for those Monday openers before they switched it to Saturday.

What's your streak? I know there are some old timers on here who must be in the 50-60+ straight years range.

Edited by Biz-R-OWorld

9 out of the last ten for me... only one I  missed was because our football team was playing in the State Semi-finals. driving there and back I saw hunters from the threway and was jealous! not planning on missing anymore for anything. although the woman may have other opinions on that 

43 years old here. Started at 16 and haven't missed an opening day yet.

10 or 15 years ago I would take either 1 or 2 weeks off for the season. Now, due to changes in work responsibilities, I'm limited to sneaking out of work early or taking off a day here or there.

With a license 32 started at 16, also was out with my dad for the opener the two years before that. One year I missed opening morn first watch though. I killed a Big non typical last evening of bow and back then you had to go down and get your next tag in person. So Monday morning my butt was waiting for the DEC office to open on Erie Blvd. Then hauled myself to Tully to hunt.

Ive had my hunting license for 17 years but only have a 7 year opening day streak I've missed 2 opening days because of civil service tests I almost missed a 3rd opening day because of a civil test but I went with my car packed to the Katt one and made it out for the last 2 hrs and bagged a doe