I got a good blood trail...

wooly

Oh crap... :assassin:.....that ain't lung blood,lol

Skinning my skull today when I found out I'm more likely to get stabbed than I am shot during hunting season when I don't wear orange!

I splattered it around a little for extra horrific effect, but it was leaking pretty good.

Probably could have used a stich or two, but I didn't want to contribute to NY's hunting related accidents and let you guys down!

DSC_0556_zpse6d7108e.jpg

DSCN1568_zpsf7400c4b.jpg

Edited by wooly
  • Like 3

Didn't your Grandpa ever tell you never to whittle toward yourself ?

Just be happy you weren't holding the skull in your lap when the knife slipped......<<cringe>>....

Oh yeah..Nice likeness on the bandage...

Edited by Pygmy
  • Like 2

Since you live so remotely out in the wilderness I thought I would help you a bit for the next time. Now I'm glad you are ok that is the important thing here, just a few pointers for the next attempt at skinning that deer head:

(BTW I like #2)

Cuts

• Pack the cut in axle grease.

• Take a large army ant and apply him to the cut, so that he takes hold of each side of the wound with his pincers. Cut his head off from his body, leaving his head to hold the cut together.

• Apply spider’s web to a bleeding cut.

• Like 1

Ouch!

That hurts far worse than a boo boo.

Hope you guys know each other, LOL.

Yeah we go way back, I actually taught him how to skin a head the right way. He's getting on in age and probably wasn't wearing his glasses.

Like he said, buck blood in his veins! 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Wooly, to late for a before pic, but not for an after one.

Healing up pretty good now.

I didn't get it closed up good enough that first day and it opened back up when I put a new dressing on it the following day.

Best to leave it open at that point to dry out and hope for the best. Might have a little scar there, but I'm ok with that. Makes me look tuff,lol

DSCN1575_zps62cb8217.jpg

hey, wait a minute..........are you the serial deer head severer?

LMAO- you caught me.... "red handed"!

post-233-0-74961900-1417540420_thumb.jpg

Edited by wooly
  • Like 2

Funny...I have been to urgent care 2 of the last 3 years with cuts from gutting deer, both on opening day and both in the dark. One was my best ever buck, but this year was a doe. My knives are SHARP!!!

Not like I'm a rookie...52 hunting since I was 14...Maybe it's the age that's making me more careless.

• Like 1

Funny...I have been to urgent care 2 of the last 3 years with cuts from gutting deer, both on opening day and both in the dark. One was my best ever buck, but this year was a doe. My knives are SHARP!!!

Not like I'm a rookie...52 hunting since I was 14...Maybe it's the age that's making me more careless.

I'll tell you the same thing I told Wooly...

Didn't your GRANDPA teach you NOT to whittle towards yourself..??..