Some folks just never cease to amaze me

Here is a story that I think most of you will find very funny

I left my camp south of Cortland yesterday afternoon. I wanted to make the trip most of the way back to Rochester mostly in the daylight since the roads were gong to be  rough. Not knowing if I would be able to get back in this year due to the snow I was loaded on the back of my truck like an episode of Sandford and Sons.

I was at the Geneva Waterloo area and the slushy spay was starting to build up on my wipers. I came up to the service area and decided to pull in and clean off ...and gas up

just ahead of me was one of those big Infinity SUV's. I notice as it pulled in the service area too the driver's side brake light was out.

It pulled up to the pumps and I took the spot right behind it. The back window was loaded with stickers for soccer and lacrosse. Out steps this very attractive blonde...dressed to the nines and about in her late 30s to early 40's. The conversation went like this

Me-excuse me.

Her- as she steps out of the SUV..yeah as she gives me the up down look at all the hunting clothes.

Me- I noticed following you in here that your drivers side brake light was out

Her- as she walked around to the FRONT of her suv--they are both working

Me- thinking that she was frazzled fromt he crappy roads or might not have heard me correctly---I meant to say your brake light

Her- I am looking right at them and they are both working.

Me- sorry, my mistake have a great day.

I giggled my butt off the entire time I was filling up the truck and cleaning off the wipers.

when I got home I asked my 15 yo daughter....a brunette...lol. who has not even taken her permit test....where are the brake lights on a car.....her reply...the back Dad. I guess there still is hope in the world.

Thats one of those people that ought to be real glad its not survival of the fittest any more, haha

I would lump her in with the types that don't realize their headlights are not on at night even after flashing them with the highbeams. They must sit in their cars wondering why every one keeps flashing them and why they can't see anything.

I had to show a lady from NJ how to put gas in her car one time at a gas station because apperently  she had never done it before.  :O

Actually ran into alot of that while in college. You can't pump your own gas in New Jersey. I taught more than a few people.

I still would have told the SUV lady:) Partly for the personal satisfaction at how the conversation was going, and partly because she'd have to check out the rear of the SUV.  ;)