Bowtech Insanity

HuntOrBeHunted

Has anyone shot or hunt with a Bowtech Insanity cpx or cpxl ?  I'm going to be buying a new bow I like Bowtech bows so thats the brand im going with I want to pull 70lbs and my draw is 27 inches. I have been looking at a lot of newer or semi-newer models and the Insanity is the one I keep coming back to.

Anyone have experience with this bow or have a Bowtech they really like. I want this bow to be something that last me maybe the rest of my life so ill spend pretty much whatever it takes. And i'm not rich ill have to save and put it on layaway so I want to make the right choice.

Thanks.

For what it's worth:

I decided I wanted to hunt bow three seasons ago. I was going to buy a Bowtech. I called a dealer (closest one was pretty far away). The dealer told me they don't recommend them because Bowtech doesn't stand behind their product. They said they had customers returning them because the limbs broke and Bowtech wouldn't warranty them.

So after a lot of thought, I had decided to buy one but found out at the last minute that I shouldn't. I still haven't bought a bow. It sucks.

I have a Bowtech now it was my frist bow and I have had it for 6 years. Still have the same string it came with. Shoots great always accurate and I like their cam set ups.

I noted some of the smaller shops don't really like the bowtech brand in general because their sold at stores like gander mountain. The guy at a bow shop near me said I had a bent limb he said bows sold in " shopping centers " are junk. When I called bowtech they were going to fix it for free but I never had a bent limb.

I have the insanity cxp and love it,I had a Matthews switchback before it and it's a little bigger but shoots faster. In full draw I have to push forward to let it down if I am not shooting,can hold it for a while. I have no complaints so far, only shot one deer with it and was a pass through, but also about 10 yards away lol.

I have a 101 Alirborne, that I bought a few years ago. It was a new set up for me, going to carbon from aluminum arrows and using a release instead of fingers for years. The first deer I shot with it I thought I missed it. The bow was real fast, and went through both sides and I had the arrow sticking in the ground. I was wondering how I missed, being only about 15 yards away, then I saw a nice puddle of blood and found the buck about 35 yards away. I have dropped it from my stand and it still shoots great. I have never had any problems with them and would recommend them to anyone. Good luck.

don't be against buying a high end bow that is a year or two old, you can potentially save yourself a few hundred bucks......I have a Hoyt Alphamax that has got to be 6 years old..............I just had new cables and stings put on it for about $200 and now it shoots as good as the day I bought it,it cost me about $1000.00 to buy it brand new fully set up and I don't see ever having the need to spend that kind of money again. I could have saved about $500 if I bought it used at a year old. The only thing I would look at is if the warranty is transferable. There's a few really good company's out there so do some homework.

I do like Hoyt. I am going to be shooting a bunch of bows over the off season. I am looking to get a new set up from bow to arrow, sight, rest. The only thing im sticking to is Rage 2 blades and my release. I looking for the speed I need to be able to take a accurate shot at 40-50 yards and maintain the speed and power needed for a pass threw.

Im open for any opinions on arrows as well I have always shot the cheap ones from wal-mart. They did do the job but im looking to upgrade big time before next season.

I loved bowtech. Until I bought the insanity I sold after having for 6 months. I drove out to lancaster shot a few bows there. I ended up with elite. I'm on my 3rd elite and love them. I have the E35 great bow very quiet, no hand shock and a great warranty.

I shoot a 2012 Diamond Dead Eye (made by Bowtech) and have no complaints. They don't make it any more or I'd recommend that. I did however hear that Bowtech and or Diamond are supposed to have some new styles/features being released soon.

On a side note, I did have the pleasure of shooting an Obsession Evolution early this fall and fell in love with it. If I was in the market for a new bow that's what I would have purchased. I also shot the Elite energy 32 and liked that as well, but not as much as the Obsession.

In response to your question, I have a 2012 Insanity CPX, 60#, 28" DL. I bought it used to replace an Elite Answer. Before that I had a 2008 Bowtech General. This season I killed two mature doe with the Insanity. One was a 35 yerd quartering away chest cavity pass through. I shoot 28" Easton Axis @ 9 GPI w/100 gr. fixed blade BH's. It's fast, quiet, and IMO has a smooth draw cycle (almost as smooth as my Elite) and a solid back wall but it does not have the valley that some others have. One of the trade offs for speed IMHO. I also have a buddy with the same bow. Set up similar but he shoots Rages. He has the same opinion. BTW, I'm 55, 5'8" with an average build. Hope this information helps a bit.