Coming next week

Think this is going to get sent to the supreme court so they can interpret the Constitution for the safety of the children?  If so, there would be a national backlash. Possibly, unlike any since the war of northern aggression, as the south would say. 

Or, does scotus not want that and will appease.

We could not get enough people off their couches to vote the fool out who started it.  You really think there would be a national backlash.  I am seriously doubting there would be. As far as the scotus.  They will take it and uphold it same as obamacare.

• Like 2

We could not get enough people off their couches to vote the fool out who started it.  You really think there would be a national backlash.  I am seriously doubting there would be. As far as the scotus.  They will take it and uphold it same as obamacare.

This is one of those rare occasions where I agree with Bubba .... lol. Everytime our second amendment rights are challenged, we hear all this bravado and lip service about how the gun owners are all going to stage this massive riot or huge uprising. Seriously? ... Didn't anyone pay any attention to this past election. Yes we did ok on the local levels, but anything that had any ties to NYC went very bad for us. We should have been able to give Cuomo the boot, but we really are a paper tiger........ A lot of mouth, but very little backbone and action. Oh, we do stage a very impressive bunch of demonstrations, but when it comes to a simple act of casting votes, I'm afraid that the Tuesday line-up of TV programming takes a higher priority.

• Like 3

The liberals in NYS have opened the door for massive anti-gun legislation on a federal level. The people who didn't show up to vote these liberals out of power basically left the door unlocked.

We're headed for a constitutional crisis in this country because of  work that has been done, or not done at the state level. People from all across the country need to stop seeing this as an isolated NY/CA type of problem.

I agree Doc. If we couldn't get it done in this last election, I am convinced NY State is a lost cause. It was our best opportunity and so many chose to sit on the sidelines.

Does anyone have actual numbers that show "so many" chose to sit on the sidelines? I'm not claiming to know the exact breakdown but it looked like the entire state voted Red, with the exception of NYC. 

So was it a function of people actually not showing up like so many say, or is it a simple function of the massive amount NCY bleeding hearts and the weight NYC carries?