Late Season Bow Hunts

JMeg

I find bucks are harder to pattern outside of the rut but I have shot deer late season. I let the woods calm down because the last day of gun season will be nuts im sure. A day or so after i'll hit my treestand. I like to hunt paths to and from bedding areas I move closer to the deer late season. Has worked well.

Good luck.

• Like 1

Can still see bucks cruising through doe areas looking for one last chance, but I find that most are back on the search for food. I like to go back to where the oaks were dropping acorns in October and I usually see deer there again in December.

In my opinion, the mature does in pressured areas are just about the hardest thing to hunt with the bow during the late season....they are so wary from the season and are on high alert all of the time.

Good luck out there.

With the x bow and knee being stronger I will hit their hidy hole in the swamp have avoided it due to terrain and not wanting to push them to gun hunters or push the knee...I can only hunt bow there...stand is far enough away for gun...but riles the neighbors..and shots are facing them and the road...

Edited by growalot

I plan on hunting the 1/2 acre of soybeans I left up and my 1/4 acre purple top turnip food plot. I've had cameras on both and there appears to be a steady flow of does cruising through there. I'm thinking 1 more in the freezer would be perfect.

Just curious Is there any beans left with that small of a plot for soy beans? Usually deer hammer them and usually need larger plots to last through late season. Edited by rotorooter23

Just curious Is there any beans left with that small of a plot for soy beans? Usually deer hammer them and usually need larger plots to last through late season.

Yes surprisingly there are a decent amount of beans still left on the stalk. I've had a camera on it since we cut them and the activity has been minimal. It's a pretty high pressure area during gun on the other side of the beans (my neighbor) so hopefully once that's over they'll frequent the area more. I have to check my cams but I've seen deer over there more during the last week. I'll try to get a pic of the beans if I get over there today.