Prayers for a good friend and fellow hunter

turkeyfeathers

Good friend and his 11 year old son were involved in a bad car accident Thursday night. Friend is in critical condition and son I'm not sure. He was texting me hours before from his hunting hut watching a few buttons and small doe. We were supposed to go hunt together tomorrow. This man is a true gentleman , a great father and an incredible hunter. Turkey grand slam, shotgun grand slam on turkey . Killed a big 11 point with bow  this year and a 160 class perfect 10 point opening day of gun season. He blows me away with his hunting knowledge and passion for the outdoors. I'm always overjoyed when he calls or texts me a question about something woods related he doesn't know the answer to. Writing this at work with tears. Please keep him, his son and his family in your thoughts. 

I was at my brother in-laws for my nieces bday party yesterday and they were taking about him him and his wife's brother golf with the guy they were saying how great of a guy he is . My buddy sent me a pic of his buck on opening day it is a true giant.

Prayers for him and his family

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

More prayers needed please.

He has brain injury, lung injury, pneumonia and infection. Just opened eyes 2 days ago. Can only communicate with light squeeze of hand. Starting to get a little motion on right side. Putting trach in today. Still on venilator. He has 2 younger children and it's Christmas time. The only information I get is from a Facebook page created for him in prayers. Another friend and I are planning on setting up a benefit for him and his family. I will post details when they come about. It's going to be along difficult road ahead for he and his family. Please keep them all in your thoughts. 

I can't help think what if:

He asked me to hunt the night of accident. I was off and declined as my daughter had ballet and didn't want my dad to drive her in the dark as he's 90 and doesn't like to drive in the dark. He text me from his hut, hunting with his dad. Watching 15 deer. Could I have changed the time line of this accident ?! 

He will pull through my friend,keep your head up for his family and your friend.Hind sight is 20/20 and what ifs wont change a thing.WHen the benefit comes around please let us know.Its a far drive for me but I will gladly send something your way to put in the benefit to help your friend and his family.Keep your head held high!!! My thoughts and prayers go to your friend and his family this sunday AM.

• Like 1