How was your 2014 season

bowtech2

Another typical year for the most part. Jan and Feb were slow, I got back into shape. March was great with spring break and college tail in Miami. April was average at best, may - August was a typical slampig summer. The fall brought a little more weight on the slammies but faces stayed cute. Winter brought weight and weak ITG's. For those that don't know it's inner thigh gap.

All in all,

7 brunettes, 3 blondes and 1 dying breed (a ginger)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Does your supposed fiancé know what an immature skiz you are?? LOL!!  Just kidding…you're 16 right??

Was an average season at camp 9 buck taken but only 5 doe. (we usually take 10 doe a year) had a lot of standing corn and it was finially cut the last day of muzzleloader. nothing like seeing 20 doe in a field of cut corn the day after the season, little worried abotu a population spike this next year. i do not like to see heavy browse damage on the new seedlings and that is the main reason we take 10 doe a year. but on the bright side a lot of good bucks made it thru this year because of the corn so next year is already looking up in terms oF QUALITY avaliable.

I just found out a guy two properties below us took out 11 deer by himself this year...two buck and 9 doe...archery equipement....

now legally:

2 Buck

4 doe tags he can get

_2 doe tags signed over

8 deer....hhmmm wonder where the other 3 doe tags came from??...wonder why deer went nocturnal in Oct...and I wasn't seeing very many doe :nono:

Now think about it...you have in a 2 mile radius...... just 2 other guys willing to do that along next to the legal hunters...doesn't take long to fudge up a hunting area...

Edited by growalot

I just found out a guy two properties below us took out 11 deer by himself this year...two buck and 9 doe...archery equipement....

now legally:

2 Buck

4 doe tags he can get

_2 doe tags signed over

8 deer....hhmmm wonder where the other 3 doe tags came from??...wonder why deer went nocturnal in Oct...and I wasn't seeing very many doe :nono:

Now think about it...you have in a 2 mile radius...... just 2 other guys willing to do that along next to the legal hunters...doesn't take long to fudge up a hunting area...

That is insane, I just don't understand why people have to do that. Yeah 9 doe x their offspring…………..

now you know why I get so ticked about the using spouses tags...The problem is ...that is not  unusual for this hill...Thats why there are a few pieces of land that hold a no doe shooting policy...the guy telling me did not sound any too pleased about it....It also makes one wonder how he came to get those 11 deer on his 12 acres into archery range...... when he has wood lots that border managed farm fields both above and below him...

• 4 weeks later...

Happy New Years to all you nimrods,

Despite a slow start due to having to tend to my 90 y.o. mother, I managed to get a 200# bear during bow season in the Cameron area. Opening day of gun I saw over a dozen doe and buttons then about noon took a nice 7pt perfect for the freezer. Two doe rounded out the season for me. I managed to get out fro a few days during muzzle loader but missed on two more. 

That's hunting for you.

post-5601-0-90433900-1421279334_thumb.jp

post-5601-0-87847400-1421282103_thumb.jp

• Like 3

i probably had the slowest and most unproductive season I have had in about 4 years. first week or so started out pretty good then just went dead... Guys all over my county were turning in the same reports, they said it was the worst they can remember. I saw oe shooter buck night before opening day, no shot tho. passed a few early season. I ended up shooting a Doe at 280 yards, furthest shot i ever took, perfect heart shot. Still have a few weeks to get it done tho. 

Hunted both upstate in 4r/4g and on the island. Saw a lot of small bucks early in the season upstate but then mainly hunted the island in Nov and Dec. Screed up on a real nice buck first week of Nov then took an 8 point a few days later. Shot m second buck mid Dec and was a nice 8 point with a kicker.

Best season I have ever had.

_20141103_094848.jpg_zpsjob32drq.jpeg

IMG956193_2_zpsd2322fd2.jpg

• Like 2