Shooting more than one buck

upstatehunter

You can take a buck during bow AND regular season

or you can take a buck during regular and MZ. You can also use your regular tag in MZ, meaning you could also take a buck during bow and MZ.

Essentially there are 3 different ways to harvest 2 bucks no matter how you slice it. At least in the southern zones.

• Like 1

Earlier in this thread, there was a question about how many bucks could be taken.  I think WNY stated that you could take one buck in either early bow OR muzzleloader.  Is that for sure?  I can't find that info on the DEC website.  I took a buck during bow, but not during the regular season.  I was under the impression that I could take a buck during ML.  I don't have my license with me to look at the tags.  Was wondering if anyone could post a link to the accurate info.  thanks.

You are correct. I was just referring to the tags. 1 on your regular season buck tag and 1 on your archery/ML tag. Whoever I was responding to was making it out like you could take 3.

3 deer total. Late muzzleloader you can get two tags, one antlerless and one either sex. The third tag is your regular general gun antler tag that you can also use for does in late muzzleloader.

http://www.dec.ny.gov/outdoor/8305.html

Only if you buy bow privilege as well. Your first special privilege gives you an either sex tag. Your second special privilege gives you an antlerless only tag.

• Like 1