2014 Adirondack Buck (Tracking)

sampotter

Thanks again all!

Nothin to better pucker your butt than cutting up a deer by yourself in the pitch dark in bear country! Lol lot safer doing that in the Dacks than the Northern Rockies or Alaska!

Well done

I normally don't worry about the bears up there, but I keep thinking I need to get my pistol permit and carry just in case... They were all denned up early this year; no beech nuts.

Wow, who owns that much land???

There are a lot of large private tracts up there. Paper companies, clubs, estates, etc.

Sam, Great Buck and an even better Hunt! I hunt the Dacks too. Only a weekend or two out of the season, since I started hunting a state park in the southern zone. It is a great place to take some giants. But like your story indicates, you need to work your ass off to get a giant. I'm a member of a hunting camp in the Adirondacks and we drive deer to one another, which is quite common up there. But we often see a buck track in the snow, or some other buck evidence and follow the track, during the hunt. Sometimes it pays off, and sometimes that buck is miles from there already....

Totally different environment and totally different species up there!!!

Congratulations on a great hunt and a great trophy.

Sam, Great Buck and an even better Hunt! I hunt the Dacks too. Only a weekend or two out of the season, since I started hunting a state park in the southern zone. It is a great place to take some giants. But like your story indicates, you need to work your ass off to get a giant. I'm a member of a hunting camp in the Adirondacks and we drive deer to one another, which is quite common up there. But we often see a buck track in the snow, or some other buck evidence and follow the track, during the hunt. Sometimes it pays off, and sometimes that buck is miles from there already....

Totally different environment and totally different species up there!!!

Congratulations on a great hunt and a great trophy.

Thanks! If I see a deer up there I've had a good day.