for those who hunt after hours, it can happen

bubba

i know its public info but you made it very easy for everyone, get a like and dont accuse me of ever being on a list ! good thing im not for your sake ! 

Well the reason I posted it was because it was to show those who think the laws are not enforced that you can be caught hunting after LEGAL hours and are above the law.  I have heard so many times that it is not enforceable and who cares etc etc etc.  Responses like yours are exactly why I posted it.Even when it is right in front of people they still deny it.  By the way I have a great life.  No need to get another one.    

As far as the fines, as the judge, you have a book with the fines listed.  There is a range of minimum to maximum.  Do not like how low they are, go after your lawmakers in Albany to increase them. They hold that job.  

Edited by bubba

Few people these days have incomes that would support spending like that. If you don't think those fines are stiff enough, maybe the fines should be on a sliding scale according to income?

his examples may not be the norm, but $300 isn't going to kill most of us. I'm not a gear junkie but I do by quality stuff to keep me comfortable. I have more money in my layered clothing not including my outerwear than that fine.

i know its public info but you made it very easy for everyone, get a like and dont accuse me of ever being on a list ! good thing im not for your sake ! 

Where did I accuse you of anything? Bubba made it no easier for anyone, a Google search will find that site just as easy as looking on here. Why is it a good thing for my sake? You gonna come beat me up? :rolleyes:

Points. I have got 3 traffic tickets in close to 40 years of driving , 2 when I was young, The 3rd 10 years ago or so, stopped for speeding on the thurway , Trooper wrote me for seatbelt so I would avoid the points, Thanks!

My "point" is it's not the fine most worry about it's the points , that could lead to increased insurance costs and possible loss of Lic.

So give points with game violations , so many points loose your hunting Lic.

Btw we live in a small house and drive 11 and 12 year old cars and invested hard for our whole working lives to pay for that college , but the fact remains that fine is less then one college text book, or the phone in most of your pockets.....

My buddy with the Bay house grew up " up north " where his house for the first 12 years was a basement with tar paper over first floor , floor which served as the roof of the house .

• Like 1

I do not budget my life to pay a fine I might get. What is listed here would hurt for months. The fines now are obviously not a deterrent and should be more of a hardship on these law breakers.

we all come from different walks of life, so i understand those who this hurts. I would advocate that if possible everyone has a rainy day fund. Not for hunting fines, but for medical bills, home repairs etc.

So I guess since the fines are minor, you can again justify breaking the law for your own sake.  

Many do. Like a few others here posted, many have thousands if not tens of thousands invested in hunting. $300 is a drop in the bucket for a chance at a big buck.

I think we all feel the same way when we speed to work. It's a risk some take to be on time. right or wrong.

The reason to make things " public info." IS to make it easy for everyone to find that info. You knew that right??

• Like 2

Few people these days have incomes that would support spending like that. If you don't think those fines are stiff enough, maybe the fines should be on a sliding scale according to income?

Sounds like the Liberal distribution of wealth ........ pay for those that can't afford it .

Don't do the crime if you can't pay the fine !

Again, people can't differentiate a question from a ststement.

Yes, but dies that mean Larry can do the crime because he can pay the fine?

According to "conservatine" views, "wealth has its privilges".

Edited by wildcat junkie

I would never use emergency fund money for something I did wrong. I think I would have to go without my beer for punishment to myself.

you made it sound like a $200 unplanned bill would cause your power to get shut off. In the end new tires, cavity, broken fridge, really good deal on something you need/want... $300 is probably a bill we can all "deal with".

cannot believe anyone would post that list on here, get a life. Dont think those people will be happy about that even if they were in wrong ! just not right in my opinion

I think that a list like that for every area should show up in every local newspaper as an embarrassment to those that think it is so great to ignore game laws. If the size of the fines doesn't act as a prevention, maybe a little good old fashioned shame from the very hunting peers that some of these jerks are trying to impress will help them take a more responsible view of the game laws of the state. Frankly, I am getting darned sick of people who laugh at the laws that I and so many others abide by. And if they don't happen to like a little exposure of their character to the public ....... tough!

• Like 1

you made it sound like a $200 unplanned bill would cause your power to get shut off. In the end new tires, cavity, broken fridge, really good deal on something you need/want... $300 is probably a bill we can all "deal with".

Don't assume you know what kind of bill people can handle. I have a budget to stick with for a reason.