for those who hunt after hours, it can happen

bubba

the difference being that one list committed crimes.

To paraphrase several posts:  "But it's public information, anyone can find it if they look, so it doesn't matter if it's published". 

Also, one of those citations was unconditionally discharged .  Even by your rational, his name should not be published, right?

Edited by Sogaard

Arrests for criminal activity are customarily published. News papers and police departments do it all the time. Still apes and oranges because of criminal charges.

I guess we can just agree to disagree.  Public information is public for a reason.  That reason was stated in this thread with no caveats.  Sometimes with Freedom of the Press, you need to take the bad with the good.  Where were all the Constitutional champions then?

I realize the situations are not the exact same, however I do not agree it is "apes and oranges" since both situations boil down to Freedom of the Press and public information.

I guess we can just agree to disagree. Public information is public for a reason. That reason was stated in this thread with no caveats. Sometimes with Freedom of the Press, you need to take the bad with the good. Where were all the Constitutional champions then?

I realize the situations are not the exact same, however I do not agree it is "apes and oranges" since both situations boil down to Freedom of the Press and public information.

I had no issue with the paper printing, I have an issue with the information being available under FOIL. Should everyone's info from their taxes and income be available? How about religious contributions? How about medical information?

I had no issue with the paper printing, I have an issue with the information being available under FOIL. Should everyone's info from their taxes and income be available? How about religious contributions? How about medical information?

Medical information is not public & is protected under HIPPA.

I'm not assuming. But what would you do if your fridge crapped out tonight? That's at least $700 for a base model.

I feel there is a difference with a need and a wrong. I would be able to buy and pay for either I just try to stay with in my budget to me my goals.
  • Like 1

As a city employee, my income is already available with just a few clicks of the mouse, but I understand your point.  My point is that at the time of the publication, it was legal, public information, yet the people who published it received death threats, and no one here seemed to mind much.  Whether or not it should be public information is a different debate.

If the purpose of a fine is to punish the guilty and prevent others from being temped to break the law then $200 is not going to do it.

Let's look at some of today's costs. Most families I know spend over that each month on cell phones, last month we went to an out of town wedding. The room was $350 a night , but wedding guests got a break we only paid $250,our youngest is now taking the CPA exam. It costs $900 to TAKE the test , if you want study material or to take prep classes you can double or triple that cost. Some friends just paid $350 to sit with a Panda bear for about one minuet !! Anyone know where I can buy a Panda bear? Seems like good money to be made.

I see many hunters driving late model trucks they don't need for work... Some with ATVs in the back, think $200 means much to them? How About guys that buy acreage and build a cabin just to knock down a couple deer?

Fact is hunters pay big bucks to knock down small ones. How many here have multiple stands and cameras ,rifles, bows,ML, shotguns, scent loc, and on and on a $200 dollar fine and a very very low risk of getting caught is nothing to most guys in the woods.

all im saying is that those people on list already know they did wrong ,do you think they want everyone on here to see there names.Just think its wrong for someone t o put list on here , think first,! Im done now

people who go above and beyond breaking the law to kill animals are dirty people and their names should be out there for all of us to see.............baiting, spotlighting and shooting, driving around with loaded guns, shooting deer from inside the car, killing deer on other peoples property....that's disgusting behavior, they should have to register along with sex offenders so we know who they are.

Edited by jjb4900
  • Like 2

all im saying is that those people on list already know they did wrong ,do you think they want everyone on here to see there names.Just think its wrong for someone t o put list on here , think first,! Im done now

They deserve the embarrassment for committing a crime. Maybe they will think twice before doing it again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 3

I think it should be posted everywhere. I think the embarassment is a far better deterent than a $200 fine is. If they could add a points system, like drivers licenses, with suspension or revocation limits, then we might be getting somewhere in detering people from breaking the laws.

• Like 5

I think it should be posted everywhere. I think the embarassment is a far better deterent than a $200 fine is. If they could add a points system, like drivers licenses, with suspension or revocation limits, then we might be getting somewhere in detering people from breaking the laws.

I think a "points ststem" would be a deterant. Accumulate points for bad behavior, lose points if you keep your nose clean. Just like a druver's license.

As far as the fine & costs being too lenient?  My cell pone bill is $70 a month, I buy my own phone & it cost me about $50. A one time expense. All I use is talk & text.

My wife & daughter pay $50 each for data because they have smart phones. They pay their own way on that.

My phone, DSL & DirectTV bills combined are less than $300 a month. (I'm getting raped on DSL due to lack of competition)

All of the $$$ I have spent on stands, hunting clothes, guns, etc will give me years of service. I do not run out & buy the latest tecnoloy when what  already have serves me well. Probably less than $20 a month amortised over the life of useage & my guns will serve my son for his lifetime if he takes care of them. One of them is already 115 years old & still is plenty accurate & lethal.

I am on a fixed income & my wife's salary is only modest. My income is about 30% of what it was 5 years ago. $300 out of my monthly budget would be very hard to squezze out for a on etime expendature that would have no lasting usage.

• Like 2