for those who hunt after hours, it can happen

bubba

people who go above and beyond breaking the law to kill animals are dirty people and their names should be out there for all of us to see.............baiting, spotlighting and shooting, driving around with loaded guns, shooting deer from inside the car, killing deer on other peoples property....that's disgusting behavior, they should have to register along with sex offenders so we know who they are.

Comparing a trespasser to a rapist or miolester? Thats taking it a little far, dont you think? 99% of the time, the crimes are pretty much victimless, and they should be treated as such. Yes, I understand that someone trapsing through your property sucks and is a pain in the ass, but unless they are stealing or damaging things, they arent hurting you physically or financially. If they are caught stealing or damaging property, then additional charges should be held against them.

• Like 1

all im saying is that those people on list already know they did wrong ,do you think they want everyone on here to see there names.Just think its wrong for someone t o put list on here , think first,! Im done now

that's the point. of  course they don't want people to see their names. The name in the newspaper probably does more damage than the fine. Maybe some will think about it before they do something stupid. Reputation is something you can hardly put a price on. I think you're giving poachers too much credit. "already know they did wrong". These kind of hunters just don't care like you and I.

Comparing a trespasser to a rapist or miolester? Thats taking it a little far, dont you think? 99% of the time, the crimes are pretty much victimless, and they should be treated as such. Yes, I understand that someone trapsing through your property sucks and is a pain in the ass, but unless they are stealing or damaging things, they arent hurting you physically or financially. If they are caught stealing or damaging property, then additional charges should be held against them.

my intention wasn't to compare the crimes......just suggested a registry similar to the one used for the sex offenders.

No worries the legislature will make it soon so every dec violation regarding hunting will be loss of hunting privileges and of course gun confiscation.  

I would prefer a points system. I don't think someone should lose their privileges for life for a minor violation. I do think they should for major and also repeat offenders. I do not believe they should lose their guns. We have the point system for driving cars, no reason we can't do something similar.

• Like 1

I would prefer a points system. I don't think someone should lose their privileges for life for a minor violation. I do think they should for major and also repeat offenders. I do not believe they should lose their guns. We have the point system for driving cars, no reason we can't do something similar.

first of all it was tongue in cheek  second if you want this go to the legislature.  they can do it.  however be prepared for license fees to go up as they will need a lot of staff to track it and keep track of it all the same as the dmv does

first of all it was tongue in cheek  second if you want this go to the legislature.  they can do it.  however be prepared for license fees to go up as they will need a lot of staff to track it and keep track of it all the same as the dmv does

you don't think they track your offenses now? when you go in front of the judge he has no way to determine if you have prior offenses?

Heck, throw $3 onto every license to support the software if it's that complicated. I'd pay that no problem. Probably would recoup their costs with increase fine revenue anyhow.

I think they should publish something like this for all traffic violations, a speeding ticket is no different than a ticket for shooting after sunset.

You could but I don't think traffic violations would carry the same stigma as game law violations. probably wouldn't draw a whole lot of attention. I don't think I would read such an article.

Some of these are minor issues and that's why the fee is low.  Do I think they should be higher?  Sometimes, especially 2nd and 3rd time offenders but should be left up to the judge. 

Anyone can forget there hunting or fishing tags, take your dog for a walk off the leash or forget a PDF or even not fill out a tag properly.  I consider these minor infractions.  Plus some officers are a little overzealous on handing out tickets.

Transporting a non tagged deer, shooting from a highway or traveling with a loaded weapon are not minor IMO.  Same with removing posted signs, taking deer on posted land and hunting at night.  As far as I am concerned these people need to be ridiculed by posting to the public, hopefully it will stop them from doing more illegal activity.

Edited by NFA-ADK

You could but I don't think traffic violations would carry the same stigma as game law violations. probably wouldn't draw a whole lot of attention. I don't think I would read such an article.

Honestly I wouldn't either but I feel if one form of illegal activity is published so should all, clearly the state sees using a cell phone while driving a bigger problem than shooting a deer after legal hrs because the fine is double.

Honestly I wouldn't either but I feel if one form of illegal activity is published so should all, clearly the state sees using a cell phone while driving a bigger problem than shooting a deer after legal hrs because the fine is double.

Using a cell phone in the car has astronomically higher chances of causeing injury or death to others around you.

That's my whole point, I think if hunting violations are publicized so should traffic violations!

I could give a crap less if my neighbors knew I got a speeding ticket.........now if I got busted shooting deer at night from my car with a spotlight, I would be embarrassed and ashamed that people knew what a low life I was...........pretty sure most feel the same.

• Like 1

That's my whole point, I think if hunting violations are publicized so should traffic violations!

Check out the Wayne Times . They post the DUI , DWI , Thefts , etc with pictures . Some violators call the editor and plead with him not to put their picture in the paper . They even post "The Mug Of The Week" . The NY Outdoor News also posts articles on some violators .

http://timesofwaynecounty.ny.ussrv07v.newsmemory.com/index.php

What's the difference you broke the law either way?

if you look at the guy who drives 5 miles an hour over the speed limit the same way you do the guy who goes out at night to spotlight and shoot a deer from his car, I don't know what to tell you.....I don't, Kinda like comparing a child molester to a guy who stole a car, both felonies...do you look at both guys the same way?????

I think jacking a deer with a light, especially from a vehicle or immediately after exiting a vehicle, should be as severe as DWI. It isn't a crime of temptation, it takes preparation for a willful act & it is dangerous.

1st offense, fine & loss of hunting privileges for 5 years. 2nd offense a felony.

Edited by wildcat junkie
  • Like 1

or what if your neighbor says "hey, let's go for a drive", and proceeds to do 60 mph in a 55 mph area, chances are it wouldn't even phase you.....same neighbor says "hey, let's go for a drive" and then proceeds to pull up to a field, whips out a rifle and spotlight and proceeds to look for a deer to kill, my guess is you would have a much different reaction, would you not?

• Like 2

What's the difference you broke the law either way?

The difference is how it's accepted by your peers... at least the way it was referenced as to an embarrassment if publicized... as far as law enforcement is concerned.. yes it is the same. Not to mention one could get a speeding ticket just because they're not paying attention from one speed zone to another... guilty of speeding? Yup... a concocted plan to willfully break the law... not even close.

or what if your neighbor says "hey, let's go for a drive", and proceeds to do 60 mph in a 55 mph area, chances are it wouldn't even phase you.....same neighbor says "hey, let's go for a drive" and then proceeds to pull up to a field, whips out a rifle and spotlight and proceeds to look for a deer to kill, my guess is you would have a much different reaction, would you not?

Exactly.

if you look at the guy who drives 5 miles an hour over the speed limit the same way you do the guy who goes out at night to spotlight and shoot a deer from his car, I don't know what to tell you.....I don't, Kinda like comparing a child molester to a guy who stole a car, both felonies...do you look at both guys the same way?????

You are talking two extremes, how about not properly filling out a tag and rolling through a stop sign. Both "minor" infractions but still infractions, and both should be published.