season is done...

growalot

Todays morning sit was the last and no deer...rain coming and I need to get the doe taken care of...

I hunted pretty hard this season considering the knee and torn calf muscle........ no luck in gun or early bow but late bow( last 2 weeks of early) got me the 6pt and yesterday got me the doe in picture...

I heard her come in behind me and was afraid to move...finally I slowly had my head turned to see her and thought crap another fawn...I'd only been in the stand 10 mins and it was 3:40....made scense She was all spooky and on alert...then she walked through brush under my stand and headed straight away from me at a good pace toward the soybean plot...I then realized she was and adult...got the cross hairs on her and prayed for a stop and turn....at 20 yrds she did, but it was a sharp quartering away...I have to release an arrow every night into a 8in. wide target and was confident in the shot placement...squeezed the trigger and she jumped 3ft and ran...5 seconds and 40 yards later..if that.... she was done and still...biggest blood trail I've ever had...went in ribs behind rt shoulder and exited where her neck meets the shoulder on left side...lungs and arteries ...found the bolt 5ft past where she stood...thanks WNYBuck hunter for mentioning G5's so often...took both deer with them and they left short recoveries dropping well in, not only sight but shooting range...lol

Correction typed time wrong ...3:40 not 3:10

Edited by growalot
  • Like 12

100gr. carbon steel...they are blk....

PS.... something I thought strange....that late in the day and she was full of pellets...BTW surveyors tape makes a great intestine tie...but nothing in her stomache and intestines look and felt small...no food in them?....Would she have layed up all day and not have eaten.... waiting for dark?

Edited by growalot

I shot a doe Sunday evening same thing. Actually caught her bedded under a hemlock and she never had a chance to stand up witch was a first for me. She appeared to be bedded all day there were no fresh tracks leading to her bed and her belly was almost empty but she was packed solid with poop. I would have to say she bedded down early am and didn't move all day I shot her just after 4:10 p.m

• Like 1