anybody got a good recipe for cooking a deer heart??

bigfoot

slice it in to 1/4 inch strips place in a bowl with Olive oil covering all the meat cook in a frying pan  in separate frying pan put a 1/4 cup Olive oil with some fresh mushrooms sliced fresh garlic sliced bell peppers sliced and some onions  cook till there all nice and tender add to meat and eat  enjoy

papabear

Fried venison heart

Yield: 4 servings

1 Venison heart

1 med Onion, sliced

1 tsp Prepared mustard

1 tsp Pickling spice

1 tsp Salt

3 tsp Wine vinegar

1 cup Red wine

Flour

2 tsp Butter

Procedures

Split heart in half.

Remove all vents and ducts.

Misx onion, mustard, pickling spice, salt, wine vinegar, and wine in large glass bowl.

Soak heart in marinade overnight.

Dredge pieces in flour and fry in butter over high heat.

When both sides are browned reduce heat and continue to cook 5 to 10 minutes longer

• 3 weeks later...

Simmered heart,sliced thin with strips of liver, dredged in flour,onions, butter(or marg.) and a little dry red wine. Long ago, that was the camp dinner when I was invited to a "hunt'n" camp. I still remember that meal and enjoy that dish tremendously when I'm fortunate enough to bring a deer home. Mmmm Mmmmm good!

• 8 months later...

I love the heart but what I do is a little different. First, I put a can of Sprite and a cup of milk in a Ziplock bag with the heart for a few days and let it tenderize. I like to let it simmer in apple cider or beet juice with your choice of seasoning. I chop some onions and garlic if using the beet juice. Apple cider...of course you have to use cinnimon!