Chenango county

mbucks27

Hey guys,

Im going up to a friends house tomorrow in chenango county and i was just curious how much snow is up there.  I will be hunting in the town of coventry and i really hope there isnt too much snow.  If anybody has been around that area and could fill me in on the conditions that would be great.

Thanks,

John

Thanks for the reply.  10 to 12 isnt too bad but put together with the freezing weather we have been having it can make for some really brutal hunting.  Ive been up there a few times this year and we have seen some real nice bucks but havent gotten any shots.  Hopefully this will be the weekend!!! If i get one ill post it here.  Thanks again for the update.

John

Well i got back last night from Coventry.  There was about 6" of snow by my buddies house so it wasnt too bad.  Between the 3 of us we saw about 8 does and i saw a small spike that i passed on.  I know there are a few big boys that made it through b/c i saw some real nice buck tracks in the snow on Friday.  Now its time to get back out on the island and try to shoot one of those long island monsters with the bow  :) .

John

mbucks,  where were u hunting in Coventry?  my family has a place off of route 235 on Stonehill Road.  There are def some  nice bucks in that area.  I was up last week in august and saw a ton of nice bucks still in velvet all along route 235, route 30, route 7 from coventry to afton to nineveh.

i myself didnt see jack this year but a year of no bucks makes bigger bucks for next year.

I hunt off of North Rd. My friend has a house on Harvey Rd right in the middle of the Coventry St Forest.  I saw some nice bucks in there during bow season but just too far out of range.  Not much around during the gun season though.  I usually get up there at least 3 times during the season.

John