2015 Shed Hunting Thread - Post your finds!

burmjohn

in all my years i have yet to find a shed... its crazy and ive been shed hunting many times.

Same here Gino!! My son and I went out for a couple hours Saturday. Did some looking for squirrels and sheds. Found 30 plus deer beds and such but no sheds, I do not go often but the last 2-3 years try to get out a few times and nothing! I have found whole dead heads but never a shed in 30+ years of hunting! Found everything else....Turtle shells, all kinds of bones and skulls, old old bottles and such, lots of balloons.....

Someday!!

• 1 month later...

Finding both sides is a first for me. There is still a lot of snow on the ground but I was searching an over grown brushy field that was mostly bare, when I saw an antler hanging off a shrub. Pretty obvious like waving a flag "here I am !".  As I got to the shed I saw the other side laying there on the ground right next to it. I also found a spike shed in the same area. A lucky day.

post-580-0-53932200-1427243241_thumb.jpg

• Like 6

Walking in waste deep snow following a well used deer trail.  Had these fallen 6" to the left or right of the trail they woudl have been lost til May.  They fell in the middle of the trail and on top of each other.  Crazy.  So perfectly symetrical too!  Great genetics as this deer is only 2.5.

post-1540-0-08438800-1427478279_thumb.jppost-1540-0-07686600-1427478288_thumb.jp

• Like 5

• 2 weeks later...

In all my years of shed hunting i have never found one when I specifically go looking.  I have found a bunch fishing, scouting, or turkey hunting.  Well that all changed yesterday I finally found one when I went.  I think its a 2013 buck's shed though by the way it is so bleached white.post-1885-0-76593400-1429561792_thumb.jp

• Like 4

• 5 months later...

This will indeed sound like a dumb question but I have never found any sheds in the woods while walking.... Any tips or advise on where to look and what to look for to find some. Im sure it begins with slowing down and looking closer but anything else to help in the search????? thanks