Video: New Years Day Heart Shot!

TheFieldArcher

Just curious, what is your motivation for the video's?  Is it just something that you enjoy for your own satisfaction or business gains?

I have no problem with them,  you have nice equipment and wondering if you have a archery business of some sort??

I enjoy your videos. Looked like a gush of blood, did you get any pictures of the hit from your trail camera?

Didn't check the trail cam yet, I had a GoPro there too but I didn't use the footage in this video.

Just curious, what is your motivation for the video's?  Is it just something that you enjoy for your own satisfaction or business gains?

I have no problem with them,  you have nice equipment and wondering if you have a archery business of some sort??

I started recording my hunts 4 years ago to share with family and friends... then others started watching and young/beginner hunters started commenting. I enjoy their comments and I think always about making the perfect shot and waiting for the perfect angle to show them humane shots. I think the videos are educational and I have been told by many how much they have helped their hunting. I don't have any pressure of going on a hunt that a sponsor paid for and I have to make a kill and it seems like a lot just want to get an arrow in one and look for it the next day for the show!I never did it for money but I did work at an archery store in the early 90's selling and setting up bows and helping people with their form etc.. As far as business goes, I am trying to make more money, who isn't and if I could make some extra coin doing something I love, that would be great! But for now with one in college and another graduating HS, the hunting industry is very tight and I am not making a dime from the hunting industry... so I won't be leaving my real job any time soon!

• Like 3

What's your thoughts on the Obsession bow?   

I've been reading a little about them lately...........interesting.

I love it! I have the Sniper GT and they will not have that model/riser anymore so I will be holding on to this one... I had the Lethal Force and sold it, regretted it and I will not make that mistake again! This bow is just right, fits perfect and when I hit my anchors, it is spot on! Even if it is low of light, when I have my knuckle on my ear lobe and string on my nose... being one with the bow is an awesome feeling and all confidence in picking a hair and hitting it is a beautiful thing... great bows, you have to shoot one! And then you will buy it.

post-5805-0-57699700-1420320370_thumb.jpIf you can answer a few questions for me on that shot for me I would appreciate it: 1) What is the speed and draw weight of you x-bow?, 2)  What was the range?  3) How much arrow penetration did you get?  It looks on the video, like the shaft broke, so I assume what was inside was about equal to the penetration. 4.) How far did the doe run after hit?  5.) How heavy (field dressed) was the doe? 

I hit the same spot on a 1-1/2 year 6-point last season.  My numbers were: #1: 300 fps / 135 lb,  #2: 60 yards (measured).  #3: 7-1/4" (measured length of broken shaft & 3 blade mechanical o-ring style 125 gr. broad-head inside chest cavity).  #4: 40 yards (estimate) #5: 163 lb (weighed).    

On my shot, using what I am certain was a slower, and lower energy bow, and likely a farther shot, I was not overly satisfied with the 7-1/4" arrow penetration, even though it took it all the way thru the heart.   I am looking to upgrade a bit this off-season and would like some numbers to use for comparison with a faster rig.  If you don't have the exact numbers, no problem, a guess is good enough for me. 

Thanks. 

attachicon.gif247.jpgIf you can answer a few questions for me on that shot for me I would appreciate it: 1) What is the speed and draw weight of you x-bow?, 2)  What was the range?  3) How much arrow penetration did you get?  It looks on the video, like the shaft broke, so I assume what was inside was about equal to the penetration. 4.) How far did the doe run after hit?  5.) How heavy (field dressed) was the doe? 

I hit the same spot on a 1-1/2 year 6-point last season.  My numbers were: #1: 300 fps / 135 lb,  #2: 60 yards (measured).  #3: 7-1/4" (measured length of broken shaft & 3 blade mechanical o-ring style 125 gr. broad-head inside chest cavity).  #4: 40 yards (estimate) #5: 163 lb (weighed).    

On my shot, using what I am certain was a slower, and lower energy bow, and likely a farther shot, I was not overly satisfied with the 7-1/4" arrow penetration, even though it took it all the way thru the heart.   I am looking to upgrade a bit this off-season and would like some numbers to use for comparison with a faster rig.  If you don't have the exact numbers, no problem, a guess is good enough for me. 

Thanks. 

That crossbow shoots 400 FPS, the arrow was on the ground, see the Lumenok? Arrow did not break, clean pass through, broadhead was a Rocket Hammerhead 100 gr w/2" cutting dia. They were 20 yards away.

I love it! I have the Sniper GT and they will not have that model/riser anymore so I will be holding on to this one... I had the Lethal Force and sold it, regretted it and I will not make that mistake again! This bow is just right, fits perfect and when I hit my anchors, it is spot on! Even if it is low of light, when I have my knuckle on my ear lobe and string on my nose... being one with the bow is an awesome feeling and all confidence in picking a hair and hitting it is a beautiful thing... great bows, you have to shoot one! And then you will buy it.

Not to derail the thread, but my next bow will be an Obsession. Shot the Evolution and Sniper GT early this fall...can you say heaven? I'm waiting for my shop to get the 2015 models in and then I'll have mine. Probably going with the Sniper GT. They are both absolute monsters but I just liked how the Sniper felt compared to the evolution. If anyone is looking to buy one, my shop sells them for $829. Im pretty sure that includes a Copper John site too.

http://www.obsessionbows.com/products.html

Edited by chiefbkt

Why didn't you shot the crippled buck, it looked like you would do him a favor...?

The buck did have a limp... he looked like he was still rutting, sniffing and looking at the doe with his nose towards the ground. I thought that if he was sniffing and thinking about a little wango tango with a doe, he will most likely be fine, especially since he was putting weight on that leg... if he was injured by a shot, the young doe taste just as good, let the bucks grow!

• Like 1