A SAFE Act Horror Story. It Could Happen To Anyone.

There are a lot of things they can use against you too take your guns, Did you know that Chantix the quit smoking aid is an anti depressant, How many people do you know want to quit smoking, Some thing as simple as that could remove your right to own firearms, So when i see an article like this it is something to care about, All it takes is one nurse or Dr. to right the wrong thing on your chart,

• Like 2

I care as well...BTW just because you don't care for the poster...DOES NOT MEAN every thing they post is garbage...he posts things up that at the very least should make you think...

This crap is scarey..I went in several years ago with back pain...ambulance standing take down back pain.... chiropractor calling ambulance pain...My primary refused to do an MRI to diagnose the problem ...handed me a perscription and told me I was depressed... which I took one and woke up 12 hours later then flushed the rest....what I had was a slipped disc that after 6 years of hell and a fall went back into place....By the way he went on to become a big wig at...wait for it....Blue Cross and Blue Shield....

So be very aware of what your Dr is writing down and ask to read your charts on occasion....

• Like 1

I see the terms "voluntary" & "involuntary" are used in the article.........those are terms used when a person is brought in for a psychiatric evaluation, so apparently he was saying more then just not being able to sleep.......not saying it's right or wrong, just gotta be careful what you say to be people these days....and as usual probably more to the story .

If they want them, They will take them...All you guys that drink? Guns can be gone.Those that smoke with the left hand? Guns could be gone.Any persciption drugs...Gone!   Bitch about it all you want and write pages of right or wrong but at the end of the day. You are screwed in Ny unless you have deep pockets and file a lawsuit. Go ahead and tell me i dont know about Ny laws and lawsuits. Your rights as a citizen means nothing!  As is being shown!!!

• Like 2

If they want them, They will take them...All you guys that drink? Guns can be gone.Those that smoke with the left hand? Guns could be gone.Any persciption drugs...Gone!   Bitch about it all you want and write pages of right or wrong but at the end of the day. You are screwed in Ny unless you have deep pockets and file a lawsuit. Go ahead and tell me i dont know about Ny laws and lawsuits. Your rights as a citizen means nothing!  As is being shown!!!

Agreed, plead the 5th. & don't say anymore than you need to , to these medical people!

If they want them, They will take them...All you guys that drink? Guns can be gone.Those that smoke with the left hand? Guns could be gone.Any persciption drugs...Gone! Bitch about it all you want and write pages of right or wrong but at the end of the day. You are screwed in Ny unless you have deep pockets and file a lawsuit. Go ahead and tell me i dont know about Ny laws and lawsuits. Your rights as a citizen means nothing! As is being shown!!!

no ones taking your guns for having a drink, just taking any prescription drug will not result in the loss of your firearms. You can reply that yea we never thought we would have an assault weapon registration but in all honesty that really wasn't much of a surprise to most of us, and no they aren't coming for our deer rifles and shotguns next. I've heard and read into the OPS story and to be honest all the facts arnt in and the source isn't a credible one by any means. Just seems lately the extremist voices are the only ones heard anymore, yea we have a small portion of the population that won't be happy unless we are hunting with slingshots or not hunting at all and then there the other side that feels their rights are infringed because they can't own full auto weapons and hand grenades.

no ones taking your guns for having a drink, just taking any prescription drug will not result in the loss of your firearms. You can reply that yea we never thought we would have an assault weapon registration but in all honesty that really wasn't much of a surprise to most of us, and no they aren't coming for our deer rifles and shotguns next. I've heard and read into the OPS story and to be honest all the facts arnt in and the source isn't a credible one by any means. Just seems lately the extremist voices are the only ones heard anymore, yea we have a small portion of the population that won't be happy unless we are hunting with slingshots or not hunting at all and then there the other side that feels their rights are infringed because they can't own full auto weapons and hand grenades.

Keep telling yourself that.

• Like 2

I think that the recent SAFE Act has proven that self serving  Anti gun politicians will use any back door, end around means they can to severely restrict firearms ownership. I find it hard to believe that the same Anti's wouldn't do the same to take firearms from citizens. 

You can load your 10 round mags all the way up if you're involved in a shooting competition but if you have that same firearm in your own home, to protect your self and your family with, you can only load 7 rounds into it.  

No way that will ever fly. 

Insomnia ..can seriously mess with your body...high blood pressure ..arrhythmias...even panic attacks... ect...All they would have had to do is pick up on either of these to admit him to the hospital..

I don't doubt that, but at some point there was a mental health issue......my guess is he was admitted for a psychiatric evaluation, the terms being used, "voluntary" and "involuntary", are usually associated with how someone is being being admitted for that evaluation...........I hate to see what help people are going to refuse to get because of this type of outcome.

Edited by jjb4900

aside from the guy possibly wrongly losing his guns, how many people go to the emergency room of a hospital for insomnia and get admitted to boot?..........there's definitely a few pieces missing from this puzzle. 

That's for sure!  First thing I noticed is that he stated that he recently moved to Suffolk county Long Island from another state, so how did he get a pistol license so quickly?  He did say that his insomnia was triggered by his recent move, so one would assume that the move occurred very recently.  On the link in the article to the court filings they state that he had a pistol license for 9 years.  They didn't state where this pistol license was from, but I would think only a license issued in NYS would be of importance in a case filed against NYS, would it not??  If he moved to NYS only recently, then how could he have a pistol license for 9 years in NYS?  Also, would there be a reason that he would file this case in Rochester, since he resides in Suffolk county??  Maybe there is a reason for this, but this also seems strange to me.

Edited by steve863