Ready for the winter blast?

growalot

Looks like it's going to get real cold real fast....suppose to be -4 here on Wednesday...I hope it doesn't continue like that the rest of winter...cold fine...below zero...let Canada keep it!

-17 on the way for us. Black Lake and a few of the Lake bays will tightin up with some fishing ice next week. Its like 51 out here now and 40mph winds and tonight is looking at 12 degrees with 20mph plus.  Its coming

Im definitely not looking forward to this im suppose to spend the. Entire day tomorrow in the bucket truck installing banners around the outside of the harbor center the wind is bad enough down there on a good day.

Edited by Red

Im definitely not looking forward to this im suppose to spend the. Entire day tomorrow in the bucket truck installing banners around the outside of the harbor center the wind is bad enough down there on a good day.

Better strap in extra tight!

Winter is nothing but mild over here, its friggin 50 right now on Jan 4th, so c'mon I would welcome some cold weather for a change. My coyote bait piles didn't have a chance to freeze for more than 24 hours. I hope January will bring some cold. Think about all the bugs we will get this year....ugh....

Better strap in extra tight!

I just pulled out an under armor shirt a sweat shirt 2 hoodies a face mask some hand and foot warmers I still don't think I'll be warm enough up in the bucket lol. I have cart hardt bibs that I bought 3 years ago still have the tags on them I think I'll finally use those tomorrow

down south in Myrtle beach for the winter, shot this weekend and it was 65 and some showers, they calling for this week good weather till Thursday then it a high of 35 for one day, then back to sunny and mid 50's. That I can take for this weekend big shoot at Sand dune archers...32 3D targets on flat ground and lots of pine and sand.

I can take a lot of cold, but let's keep the snow levels down. I don't have to plow "cold", and cold is not likely to make me get stuck .... lol. However, sometimes the cold gets that darn lake effect machine working, and we get the snow along with it.

• Like 1

I'm not a fan of temps below 20 so I'll stay inside for the most part.  I do hope we get a few inches of snow for tracking and hope too get out grouse hunting a few times before the season is over. Time flies and before you know it March will be here, the birds will be singing and spring won't be far away!

The older I get, the less I enjoy the cold.Oddly enough I really despise the cold in Jan/Feb/Mar. Cold in Nov/Dec doesn't bother me as much...probably because of the holidays, hunting, etc.

Once the body can't hang with hunting....I'm on a full court press on the wife to move south to an island or somewhere warm. Hunting and family are the only major barriers to making the move now.

• Like 1