Who's In?!!!

sampotter

I used to play paint as a kid...I'll tell ya you plan in tournys like I did the rules are strict....no bottle on unless in game unloaded when not on always mask on when in or around game always long sleeves pants gloves the rules were strict one violation you were banned....i was glad to play and follow the rules always as we're my friends was a great time...and as a dad of a 4 yr old and 2 yr old I have many nerf guns and my boy knows the rules. ...not at people only at target or stuffed animals do not throw or leave laying around never look in barrel....he also has a bb gun that those rules all apply for except the stuffed animal part. It's gun education at the earliest level possible. Everyone has their own way and I respect that. This is just mine

Edit....he also knows saftey on till ready to shoot with bb gun....i actually let him carry it while we squirrel hunt unloaded but with air in it so if he pulls the trigger I know....right now rule is he asks before shooting even if he sees something and he follows them all....pretty happy about it to be honest he don't follow many rules but guns and hunting and trapping to him is his favorite thing and helps keep him in check at home and school.

Edited by stoneam2006
  • Like 1

I'd definitely play!!! My kids grew up with nerf guns and we had some wild shootouts at the Servello household. They didn't grow up wanting to shoot people... they are all grow up now and get their young nieces and nephews nerf guns for xmas so that we can all have nerf wars with the next generation... so far nobody has shot their eye out. Just a bunch of people having a great time laughing and shooting each other with foam.

Edited by nyantler
  • Like 1

I'd definitely play!!! My kids grew up with nerf guns and we had some wild shootouts at the Servello household. They didn't grow up wanting to shoot people... they are all grow up now and get their young nieces and nephews nerf guns for xmas so that we can all have nerf wars with the next generation... so far nobody has shot their eye out. Just a bunch of people having a great time laughing and shooting each other with foam.

It's all good harmless fun I know..........like video shoot 'em ups?  :(

I'm sure my age has something to do with it but I don't like guns pointed at me or anyone I love.........

It's all good harmless fun I know..........like video shoot 'em ups?  :(

I'm sure my age has something to do with it but I don't like guns pointed at me or anyone I love.........

You do know that nerf guns and video games aren't real right?.. :)

I know it's hard for you youngsters to understand sometimes, but you really missed out on a lot since the whole politically correct thing came around... we played all kinds of shoot 'em up games as kids and no one ever killed anyone, or shot up the school etc. We could even get in a fist fight with a buddy without having to worry about him going home and getting a gun and coming back to shoot someone... you just took your lumps and went on being friends... different times, different attitudes. Not sure what changed, but I don't like it.

• Like 4

You do know that nerf guns and video games aren't real right?.. :)

I know it's hard for you youngsters to understand sometimes, but you really missed out on a lot since the whole politically correct thing came around... we played all kinds of shoot 'em up games as kids and no one ever killed anyone, or shot up the school etc. We could even get in a fist fight with a buddy without having to worry about him going home and getting a gun and coming back to shoot someone... you just took your lumps and went on being friends... different times, different attitudes. Not sure what changed, but I don't like it.

I promise you I didn't mess a second of childhood fun in the outdoors OR indoors.........born in '61 I was well before PC crap too but I have always had enough respect for all guns that I sure as hell don't want them pointed at me or anybody else on my watch.

Lots of things have changed beyond my control but some things I can...............

I promise you I didn't mess a second of childhood fun in the outdoors OR indoors.........born in '61 I was well before PC crap too but I have always had enough respect for all guns that I sure as hell don't want them pointed at me or anybody else on my watch.

Lots of things have changed beyond my control but some things I can...............

You never played cowboys and Indians? Or army soldiers with your friends? LOL.. we had these cool bazooka as kids that shot big rubbery bombs about 30 feet... you couldn't walk in anyone's yard without getting pasted up side the head by their rubber bazooka missile.

Just reminiscing here.. I respect your decision on how you raise your kids and the use of toy guns in your household

Edited by nyantler
  • Like 1

To be honest, I had an airsoft gun or two when I was younger. It helped me realize the guidelines of firearm safety at a young age. Granted they fire plastic bb's but still not something to fire at someone else etc.. I'm surprised they haven't frowned upon archery tag the way dodgeball is frowned upon now a days. However, I am sure they will classify it as an assault compound soon enough.

Lol..... We used to get into cops and robbers and cowboys and Indians as a mainstay of play when I was a youngster. I can't say that it ever affected my psyche, or created a mass murderer. There is a line between play and reality that never really got blurred. Paintball would be a blast if I were a lot younger. I do sense some P.C. indoctrination beginning to take a firm hold on society and being ingrained in even those that are trying to resist.

Thats the great thing about the United states.....your house your rules! No need to fret about how anyone else handles things inside there four walls.

Whole-heartedly agree.

A serious question (and being asked with curiosity and respect): I wonder if those who are against shooting each other with nerf guns are also against the use of water guns? I would think that they would be, but perhaps not.

The nerf rules in my house with my two younger ones are no purposeful head shots (full face gear always worn), no shooting non-combatants, and the verbal white-flag must be obeyed at all times. 

Never did get into airsoft. Those buggers can hurt.

Edited by celisup78