If they stopped all Buck hunting.

Four Season Whitetail's

I would stop, maybe not at first,i'd try with a spear if it was legal. But yes I would stop. Since man painted on caves he has persued horns, to make tools,shelters,ect. He didn't paint many doe on walls but big racks there are quite a few whether harvested or dreamed about.

• Like 1

Then do not apply for doe permit next year.

Haven't shot a doe in 13 years. I shot a doe when I was 16 and then another one when I was 17. Never since. I only get a dmp incase I see piebald or albino

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by Biz-R-OWorld

Considering before I took up the bow...I had few buck..though some rather nice ones...doe were what I hunted...I really don't care what you think...but I have always had a bigger challenge in shooting mature doe..especially with bow...than any of the buck I've taken...I believe I convey that each year in my posts...So yep I'd be out there enjoying my self.

Edited by growalot
  • Like 1

It wouldn't make a bit of difference to me...

I do enjoy deer hunting, to a point, and I like venison, and yes, I enjoy killing animals with my centerfire rifles, especially with my own handloads.

It's probably been over ten years since I specifically hunted bucks here in NY or PA.. Western trips are a bit different, especially when seeing 15 or 20 bucks per day.

If I lived in an area where I could get GOOD waterfowl or upland bird shooting on a daily basis, I could give up deer hunting and never miss it.

• Like 1

I do not hunt just bucks I hunt deer. I hunt for the meat so if all I had were doe tags that be fine. The only thing the bucks does for me is I have the option to take a buck if that is all I see and can still put meat in the freezer. I like to have as much deer meat as I can get would rather have that over beef or pork everyday. 

Im in the woods alot and enjoy it very much being able to get meat for my belly is a nice bonus. To me hunting is about nature, the animals and the woods and what it can provide for me.

Does need to be taken out as well as bucks and alot of guys refuse to shoot doe maybe no buck hunting would help to reduce the population in those areas over run. I doubt it though because those who only care about antlers would just stop hunting because they never wanted anything other then decorations.

A lot of talk about ar lately why not just close buck hunting for 5 years that would grow a lot of old big bucks for those who want the antlers only. If ar is going to grow big bucks with big antlers think of what no buck hunting for 5 years would do.

• Like 1

Maybe with age comes change. I just no longer find it exciting unless i can find a nice big mature buck or two and take him on one on one until harvest or bust. That is hunting to me. Shooting a brown deer just does not cut it and shooting a deer that is not mature is out. I believe hunting areas also have a huge impact on peoples thoughts on hunting. When you have great hunting land with piles of deer on that land only the biggest smartest beast on that land works for me. If you can shoot a deer every time you walk in the woods it may change some thoughts.