Dallas Cowboys

Water Rat

Yes, and there's another rule that states if he completes a 'move common to football' before losing control, then it's a completion.  I completely disagree with your statement that "Dez didn't have complete control while taking any steps."  He had COMPLETE control and took TWO OR THREE steps (depending on how you count!) before diving for the goal line.  Definite football move.

The fact that we're even having this conversation tells me it's a stupid rule.  Watch the play?  Did he catch it?  I haven't had a single person watch the play and honestly answer 'no'.

Edited by Zhe Wiz

I'm still grasping for straws , but maybe Garrett should have thrown the red flag claiming the ground can't cause a fumble. It sure looked like he had control of the ball before he reached for the pylon. Damn....hate to see the season end like that , but Murray's fumble was huge too.

I'm still grasping for straws , but maybe Garrett should have thrown the red flag claiming the ground can't cause a fumble. It sure looked like he had control of the ball before he reached for the pylon. Damn....hate to see the season end like that , but Murray's fumble was huge too.

Thow the red flag for what? To reverse the reversal?

• Like 1

Yes, the fumble was huge.  He had a GAPING hole to run though if the Packers don't strip the ball there.  The call didn't lose the game, Cowboys had plenty of chances.  Missed field goal/6 point swing before half hurt badly too.

The ground can't cause a fumble on a running play but it can on a passing play .