Disturbing article in NY Outdoor News

jjb4900

Relax Doc...not everything has to always return to the OP. This thread had morphed already and everyone has said pretty much their final word on the matter. We've moved on, and so should you.

Perhaps you didn't notice, but I am not the only one continuing to stay on topic here. I think you have relaxed too much ..... lol.

Oh the value that's contributed here... Why aren't you guys in your capes flying around looking for people misusing punctuation, eating with their elbows on the table or something important of the regards?

I'll hang my hat on raising my kids right under God, logic and hard work- keep doing your parts on the Internet "liking" what really matters in this world.

What seems to be your problem? Do you never have any opinions regarding the right and wrong of things. Maybe such things aren't a concern to you. Seems like this guy in the article is some kind of hero of yours that you feel some kind of kindred bond with. That's fine. Even those people have to have some friends too.....lol.

Oh the value that's contributed here... Why aren't you guys in your capes flying around looking for people misusing punctuation, eating with their elbows on the table or something important of the regards?

I'll hang my hat on raising my kids right under God, logic and hard work- keep doing your parts on the Internet "liking" what really matters in this world.

Let's just say your kid read the OP here and took the same position as some of us have taken because he understands right from wrong... would you be calling him a cape wearing, grammar Nazi too... probably not. Although now we know that your kid doesn't stand a chance of learning right from wrong from his father.. he will instead learn how to go against the grain whenever possible. And, I'm pretty sure neither God nor logic have anything to do with your approach to this subject.

• 2 weeks later...

No one is perfect and each parent choses a number of the exposures their children have. Simply put, this is so far from a big issue in our state/fraternity that it makes me feel like we have folks that don't see the the big picture (picture at all?) and whine their way through their free time.

I shot wood chucks all summer from a pre small game legal age BUT they weren't listed as a game animal then. Lots of quality woodsman ship learned. Illegal? Nope. Now it is.

If my wife uses a handgun in a threatening situation make sure you're there to chastise the fact she doesn't have all of my handguns on her permit too.

People shoot out of season, with illegal weapons, spotlights, others tags, from roads, with bait, on my posted land even..... When my kid isn't at the park near the pedophile handing out candy or buried in his Playstation because he is in the woods I feel like it's a success. Then again according the rules of it is during season he is considered in pursuit of game so maybe I'll leave him/her to other devices. ;)

No doc, not a hero. Just another opportunity for me to play devils advocate, pointing out the bullying nature of a few on here and how most members are about themselves and their agendas. It's wrong by the book; you're right. It's stupid to publish; you're right again.