Ideal Trophy Room Color

BizCT

Been house hunting lately and although nothing bought yet, been thinking about my trophy room to be. What is the ideal wall color? Most likely, I will be taking an extra bedroom say 12x12. Is a neutral tan the best/safest bet? All 4 walls the same color? Thanks in advance.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Been house hunting lately and although nothing bought yet, been thinking about my trophy room to be. What is the ideal wall color? Most likely, I will be taking an extra bedroom say 12x12. Is a neutral tan the best/safest bet? All 4 walls the same color? Thanks in advance.

that's a question you should ask the future wife, might as well get used to her making the final decisions....I always like the natural pin wainscoting with a bash paint on the top half..........where you looking for houses?

that's a question you should ask the future wife, might as well get used to her making the final decisions....I always like the natural pin wainscoting with a bash paint on the top half..........where you looking for houses?

Westchester. No issues with the wife to be. If not for me, we wouldn't be getting a house and she knows that. Not buying a house unless I get 1 full room to myself. She has the ok to design all the other rooms. It's all been agreed upon.

I do like the wood look but is it a pain to install over walls?

Edited by Biz-R-OWorld

Alright that was easier than expected, knotty pine is cool. Better than the 1980s wood paneling my Dad has. So the question is, how does this get installed?

I was smart and over the years had things mounted facing different ways so when the time comes everything isn't facing the same way.

Edited by Biz-R-OWorld

Westchester.

I do like the wood look but is it a pain to install over walls?

not really, I've glued it on in the past and it was pretty simple....only problem is if you go that route and get tired of it you can't take it off without ruining the sheetrock.....and the color I like is beige/light tan, not bash...and like I mentioned, too much of something is a bit much, that's why I don't like the wood ceiling walls and floor....makes it feel too closed in....and lighting is very important as far as I'm concerned, too much wood doesn't reflect it very well from what I've seen.

Edited by jjb4900

another thought if you're going to entirely gut the room, install 1/2" plywood behind the sheetrock....guys with extensive mounts go this route so they can hang mounts anywhere without looking for studs or installing anchors, so far this hasn't been a problem for me........

Pine for sure!    I like the sheetrock ceiling look with pine.   Clear coated twice before putting up.

I need to put some coats on the pine tv stand I built it doesn't look so hot in natural wood.

The curtains are fixed, I had a lady in town split them and make them shorter cheaper than buying 4.   Should have taken a new pic for this...

post-1502-0-36028100-1421621438_thumb.jp

Edited by WesternNY
  • Like 1

for our camp I did osb on the walls instead of drywall. using the osb was a 2 fold benefit it allowed for a solid backer so we could hang any pictures and or mounts anywhere without concern of finding wall studs.  allowed me to install the pine vertical -vs- horizontal.  Just my personal preference to run my wall boards vertical.  still have the ceiling and base trim to do to finish it off.

i will second jjb's note, lighting is key, put in more lights than you think you will need and put them on a dimmer, you can also add accent lights to spotlight particular mounts if you want.

stairway picture, other pics have been posted in the past.

20141127_123524_zpszzupfod3.jpg

Edited by reeltime