You know you're owned by your dog....

Deerthug

I no longer am owned by a dog, but I take my snowblower and blow clean an area near my utility shed where I put table scraps and other treats for my backyard crows and starlings everyday. They LOVE chicken bones !!

I guess I am just making amends for the HUNDREDS of them I shot when I was younger...<<smile>>...

Edited by Pygmy
  • Like 1

my dog walks to my feet and looks at me... I can imagine she says to herself " you know what time it is" she then lays down at my feet while still looking at me and raises her front paw.

I then automatically start scratching her belly... if I stop to soon she takes her leg and pulls my hand back into her arm pit... when I stop she always gives me another look before getting up and walking away.

but of course I cant get her to listen to me consistently for all the dog food in the world.

Edited by Vince1

Sounds like you need to mow your grass one last time before the snow hits.. :cheese:

I try and keep 'er up a little but always manage to get a hunk or 12!

The dog has the option to go in the cleared area but usually heads for the "primo" favored spot in the south east corner of my stamp.............. :)

I clear some long paths, even along the vineyard next door, but it's more to help my wife to take the dog out, than for the dog herself.  Dog's a Brittany, couldn't care less about snow, buries her head in it sniffing out the field mice.  Wife, on the other hand, cares very much about deep snow...

I clear some long paths, even along the vineyard next door, but it's more to help my wife to take the dog out, than for the dog herself.  Dog's a Brittany, couldn't care less about snow, buries her head in it sniffing out the field mice.  Wife, on the other hand, cares very much about deep snow...

You mean you don't allow your wife to use the bathroom in the house..??..

I can see where she would be concerned in VERY deep snow...

• Like 3

I do the same thing for Brodie! He will barge into whatever whike out hunting, but he puts on the brakes when I open the door and he sees snow! 
He held it all day until I used the snowblower to create a path around the house for him....he was a happy boy!

I have to clear off the deck and steps down from it or my dog will just do her business in the snow sitting on the deck. I get dirty looks and she backs away from the steps if they are not done. 

However if I walk down the steps with the snow covering them, she will follow.  She did slip on an icy step when she was a puppy - so that may be the cause.

She does not like squatting in the deep snow. 

Sometimes she will play in the snow, jump around and dig in it.

Last year I had her play ball in the snow.  She kept trying to find the ball I threw - which was a snowball.  She would dig and sniff, and bury her nose in the snow trying to find it until I would toss another one for her.  Great entertainment for me and a break from the shovelling for a few minutes.

She steals my seat almost everytime I get up.  Sometimes watches for me to come in the room and then jumps in my seat and refuses to move.  I have even half-sat on her and she just lays there refusing to move some occaisions.

If I put the recliner back, she will lay on the footrest by my feet.

If the whole family is on one couch watching a movie, she has to either squeeze in on sit on my lap.  She doesn't want to be left out.  Winter is not so bad, no blanket needed, but in the summer too hot for that.

I don't have chickens and we only have the one dog do paths are not needed.

We should do them because Chester does not like the snow to touch his ass when he squats.

By the end of winter he thinks he needs the snow to go so he looks for any patch of clean snow. Lol

Edited by Paula
  • Like 1