22 cal. ammo.

hunter49

Is WNY the only place that doesn't have 22 shells or is it across the state?  Is it just NY or the whole country?   I have been to Gander,Dicks, & Cabela's , independents,  no one has any!   They don't know when they will get any.   I heard Dicks had a bucket of 1400 I went there & they were sold out in 1  day. (makes one wonder if the sales people are calling/telling their buddies when the ship. comes in! ) They said I should have been there yesterday, by the time you hear of or see an add they are gone.  I wonder if they have the same problem in PA.?   It would be worth the 1.5 hr. drive. I just want to do some plinking with my grandson and can't find a dam 22 shell!  

Now I saw where "they"  are going after the 223 cal . ammo. looks like they are phasing us one  cal. at a time !   Dirty Ba****ds!      Rant over!

What is actually happening in stores like Field and Stream is the had them in and it was advertised for  Thursday, Friday and Saturday.  The stores are hording and stretching the ammo out over days to continually have people come in for traffic. I know for a fact that the buckets were in the Henrietta F&S on all 3 days in the am but were "sold out" later in the day. Really helps the working guy, huh?

Last Thursday I bought a bucket of 1400 at Field and Stream in Henrietta.They had a whole pallet of them.They were gone by Monday.The  problem is people are greedy.Their mentality is screw the other guy.I got mine.I saw a guy,his wife and his  little daughter  each with a bucket walking out of the store.

I switched to 9mm luger in a carbine for.plinking, on sale the are as cheap as .22 and everyone has ammo. Plus it's reloadable

I was/am thinking of doing the same but I hate to spend the money & then have this A-hole state take it away in the future or tell me I can't use it!

Last Thursday I bought a bucket of 1400 at Field and Stream in Henrietta.They had a whole pallet of them.They were gone by Monday.The  problem is people are greedy.Their mentality is screw the other guy.I got mine.I saw a guy,his wife and his  little daughter  each with a bucket walking out of the store.

what time were you there Thursday? they were gone late on Thursday and back out on Friday am and the back out on Saturday am. gone by 1030 am on Saturday.

Is this like an ammo's version of the great depression?  I haven't been in this game long enough to know but has anyone experience this type of shortage in the past and if so, how long did it last?  It's like almost 2 years now hasn't it?

I don't know what it is with 22LR. At one point, after Lil King Andy lifted his leg on us, you couldn't find anything other than shotgun ammo.  9mm, 40cal, 380, 45. 30-06, 30-30, 223 …..  name it..it was gone. Pretty much everything else came back other than 22LR. I hear of guys selling bricks on line and at gun shows for 2 to 3 times what they paid. That may have a lot to do with it.

• Like 1

I just bought 2 bricks at Gander in Tonawanda NY this morning for 19.56.....it was a brick of 333 Winchester.

They advertised in their add this morning and were selling them one brick per person....my wife had to buy the second brick.

And when we left the store we noticed a sign on the front window that said "we didn't receive any shipments of .22lr today".....this while ordeal is a joke.

it's around it just goes quick.  big box stores get bricks in and limit the number per customer per day but there's enough people at the door they don't last.  local gun shops get some bricks in that will break up into (10) 50 round boxes and they sell you 2-3 of those at a time.  unless you're a regular customer looking for something specific.  for example someone like myself has often passed up bricks of cheaper high velocity 22LR for the rest of you.  we just keep asking and watching for "standard velocity" 22LR to come in and then get a brick or so of that.  sometimes only a few 50 rd boxes.  depends on the person, day, and other stuff.  I have no use for snappier, high velocity, less consistent, and lower quality stuff when shooting pistol competitions.  I see it show up in spurts.  it'll start popping up places and then won't be around for a while.

They are playing games to draw people into the store.

I can understand why they spread them out over 3 days.If they put them out all at once,not as many people would get a chance to purchase them.The hoarders would be walking back and forth from the car to the store buying up all the ammo.

You can't reload rimfire ammo...

Sure you can…Problem is finding the ammo to do it with……..I finally found a Winchester 94/22 a few weeks ago, but Im afraid to take it out because I only have a little over a brick  of 22's and don't know if I can replace the stuff I shoot up…What the hell??  Finding 22 ammo use to be like finding ugly women in a field day beer tent. What happened??

• Like 1

Sure you can…Problem is finding the ammo to do it with……..I finally found a Winchester 94/22 a few weeks ago, but Im afraid to take it out because I only have a little over a brick  of 22's and don't know if I can replace the stuff I shoot up…What the hell??  Finding 22 ammo use to be like finding ugly women in a field day beer tent. What happened??

how are you repairing the dented case?  even if then how are you re-priming the rim fire case?  another question how are you coming up with the reloading equipment to seat and lock in the bullet?  I didn't think it's possible.

I can understand why they spread them out over 3 days.If they put them out all at once,not as many people would get a chance to purchase them.The hoarders would be walking back and forth from the car to the store buying up all the ammo.

tough for a working guy to get there for it. If they were gonna do that I wish it wasn't always at the same time that they put it out.