Terms and Phrases that you LIKE

Pygmy

"It could be worse, it could be me!"                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                      "I wouldn't piss in his ass if his guts were on fire"   

"The whole ten yards" is another old military phrase… Not as old as this one tho. During WWII fighter planes were armed with 50 cal machine guns. The belts of ammo for those guns were 10 yards long. If I pilot really ripped into an enemy plane, he would give it "the whole ten yards" (of ammo) or he all he had.

The correct phrase is actually "the whole 9 yards".  You are correct in all the rest, but it was a 9 yard belt of ammo.

Edited by Mr VJP

The correct phrase is actually "the whole 9 yards".  You are correct in all the rest, but it was a 9 yard belt of ammo.

VJP , you are correct here...each belt of .50 cal was 27 feet long...If you used all your ammo, you gave 'em the whole 9 yards..

Of course, a P51 Mustang had six .50 cals, each one with a 27 foot belt..

• Like 2

VJP , you are correct here...each belt of .50 cal was 27 feet long...If you used all your ammo, you gave 'em the whole 9 yards..

Of course, a P51 Mustang had six .50 cals, each one with a 27 foot belt..

in that case Pygmy shouldn't the phrase be changed to the whole 54 yards?

You Can't Beat My Meat!

Only if you are flying a P51.. Some other fighters had different numbers of guns.

I don't know if the belts for bomber guns had the same number of rounds or not. Very possibly they did. I'll have to check that out. Some bombers such as the B 17 and the B29 had a dozen or more guns, and some fighters were equipped with cannon ( such as the 20 MM and larger) also.

Edited by Pygmy
  • Like 1

Even a blind squirrel finds a nut every once in a while.

Shaking like a dog shi++ingg burdocks.

You can't beat my meat.

For a second I thought you stole my signature. Which happens to be my beef jerky slogan

You Can't Beat My Meat!

Edited by The Jerkman

Hey. If any of you are looking for any last-minute gift ideas for me, I have one. I'd like Frank Shirley, my boss, right here tonight. I want him brought from his happy holiday slumber over there on Melody Lane with all the other rich people and I want him brought right here...with a big ribbon on his head! And I want to look him straight in the eye, and I want to tell him what a cheap, lying, no-good, rotten, four-flushing, low-life, snake-licking, dirt-eating, inbred, overstuffed, ignorant, blood-sucking, dog-kissing, brainless, dickless, hopeless, heartless, fat-ass, bug-eyed, stiff-legged, spotty-lipped, worm-headed sack of monkey shit he is! Hallelujah! Holy shit...where's the Tylenol? (Clark W. Griswold)" -

Edited by Zem18
  • Like 3

What's the difference (if there even is one) between a Hoe Down and a Hoot and Nanny?  Not a phrases.  I'm seriously asking a question.

Hoedown is Americana for Shindig and Hootenanny is actually a Scottish word that one of its meaning is Shindig.

Shindig is a English word meaning.......celebration.

Please don't ask what an Argy-bargy is!

• Like 1

"You cannot kill what you did not create!"

Slipknot song. Meaning you cannot kill the human spirit or soul.

"Of course, I can get a hell of a good look at a T-Bone steak by sticking my head up a bull's ass, but I'd rather take the butcher's word for it."

Tommy Boy

"If you run, you will only die tired!"