You Can Own Steve Rinella's ( of Meat Eater Fame ) Rifle

Mr VJP

Neither am I.  But as a collector of firearms, I expect someday to see this rifle sell for a premium.  What would Jack O'Connors 270 Win Mod 70 sell for today?  I think Rinella will be that well known someday.

Rinella as famous as O'Connor ???

HERESY !!!!!.....

And I don't even OWN a .270 !!!....

Where's Wildcat Junkie when I need him  ?

• Like 3

Nice package other than the chambering and safety.

Because he owned it doesn't mean jack...............I like they guy as much as anybody but he's still alive.  One good (BAD) wife beating and he will be shunned.  :(  (ask Kurt Busch)

Although I'm a lefty and enjoy nice rifles, I'm going to pass and stick with my NULA guns....................LET THE BIDDING BEGIN!

Jim Corbett's 450/400 double rifle went up for sale, and Elmer Keith had it in his collection.....

Now THAT rifle I'd mortgage the house for.

Although I'd suspect not many here would know those names either.

Honest other than a few on line places where I seen the name, I couldn't tell you who this guy is or even what he does in the hunting/media world.

Well I know he shoots a 7 mag now....or did. LOL

• Like 3

Speaking of celebrities, perhaps Tiffany should sell a pair of her  " unmentionables"

freshly worn  on a five day hunt...

THAT might generate some bidding....

Geeze...My upper LIP is beginning to curl...

UUUUHHHGGGG….they would fetch some  bids,,,but so would her hubbys drawers ( what ever the hell his name is) and some of  the same "GUYS " would buy his  as fast as they would buy hers…..sick world...

Edited by ants

Notoriety is a funny thing.  Steve Rinella is quickly becoming the most well known hunter of his generation, which is far younger than most of us on here.  Most hunters and shooters younger than 30 do not know who Jack O'Connor was.  Rinella's written many books, has a huge fan base and has hunted all over the states.  He is now starting to travel the world.  Because he also promotes wild game cooking, a lot of women are fans of his as well.

As far as the rifle goes, to buy a new one like it would cost about $4000 and his has had some options added to it.  I'm sure it is well worth $4000 right now, but in the collector market, any attachment to anyone famous, adds to it's collector value.  There is no way the buyer of this rifle will ever lose money on it in the future.  It's even possible the buyer will make a great deal of money on it some years down the road.

Besides, the money raised by this auction is going to a very good cause.  This man is a real class act, which is very much needed in the world of hunting today.

• Like 1

As far as the rifle goes, to buy a new one like it would cost about $4000 and his has had some options added to it.  I'm sure it is well worth $4000 right now, but in the collector market, any attachment to anyone famous, adds to it's collector value.  There is no way the buyer of this rifle will ever lose money on it in the future.  It's even possible the buyer will make a great deal of money on it some years down the road.

Custom guns are a terrible investment and the act that Rinella owned it means (as I mentioned before) JACK.

The nice thing is that the money is going to an organization and is probably tax deductible......:)

To speculate on such an item is nuts.

• Like 2

Then call me nuts, because I have speculated on more than 200 fine rifles and shotguns over my lifetime and have been right about appreciation more than 90% of the time.  

A custom gun is not a good "investment" for the man that plans to hunt with it, as it will go down in value, at least in the short run.  But if the custom features make it better suited for his hunting, it is a good value for him.  Many standard firearms appreciate in value right from the start and are a better choice when figuring a good return on investment over the years.  

Collector firearms are a whole different world, where the value of a firearm is determined by what someone is willing to pay for it and the fact Rinella owned it does have meaning to avid collectors.  Many firearms that were owned by famous people have sold for more than a million dollars.  The fact that this one was owned by a soon to be famous writer and TV personality will JACK up it's value for sure.

The current bid price is $3500 and the auction continues until 3/7/15.  Many bidders wait until the end of an auction, so as not to push the price up higher in the early stages of the auction.  If it doesn't go for more than $4500 I will be very surprised.

Edited by Mr VJP

All legends have to start out some where. I remember when Detek Jeter first came up how every one was talking about him not being in the same class as Alex Rodriguez and Nomar Garciaparra. Time will tell if Steven Rinella is still climbing or he is at his peak. My guess is that he is still climbing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk