You Can Own Steve Rinella's ( of Meat Eater Fame ) Rifle

Mr VJP

The BHA is having their annual Rendezvous in two days and will be promoting this auction during the first two days of the event.  I believe many interested people are holding off until the last few hours to place a bid.  I expect the rifle to sell for at least $4500 in the end.  The money is going to a good cause, so I'd love to see it sell for much more.

He's used it for years on his show.  He has donated it and it is up for auction.  It's a custom lefty in 7mm Mag.

Currently @ $3500

http://www.32auctions.com/organizations/18470/auctions/20920/auction_items/481516

attachicon.gifrinella.png

Considering it was used for TWO years on a TV show $5000 is really something.

I'm glad the money goes to a good cause and the buyer can use it as a tax deduction because he'll never see a ROI. :)

I bet a lot of people have it and don't even realize it because the symptoms go away after a few weeks.  

when talking about it I'm surprised how many people have it!  found out at the game dinner I went to this weekend.  the bear there was cooked and cooked some more though.

when talking about it I'm surprised how many people have it!  found out at the game dinner I went to this weekend.  the bear there was cooked and cooked some more though.

Not sure if Hank Shaw is the right authority to speak on the matter but he did do some research and posted this on his blog.

http://honest-food.net/2015/03/02/on-trichinosis-in-wild-game/

yeah, it's a pretty small community of people who think that "hunting celebrities" are really that important....in the outside world something they owned is not worth more than it's value as it stands alone. But, if you took a gun owned by Ernest Hemingway, John Wayne and the likes,there is no doubt that a name like that attached to it would bring in big dollars.

So speaking of recent celebrity firearms, the Exhibition Superposed Skeet owned by Robert Stack has been on GunBroker as long as I can remember.  A couple of years anyway.  Microscopic market for that type of thing.  If you want to speculate with a gun purchase get a Python!