Hipster Hunting

scolopaxmatt

That's right db...but we've been here since before you were born...though perusing the web the last few years and the NYODN....They are doing as well if not better than their counter parts

I was making a joke about hipsters (and might as well throw in "lumber sexual" dudes) compared to women.  being a woman not a problem.  being a dude, acting a little too feminine (trendy and whatever else), while trying to looking like a manly outdoors man.... well that to me is a bit odd.  I think you may have took my post the wrong way.  connection to hunting is what it is... people of all walks of life can and do hunt.  I'd support any right minded individual in their efforts to take up hunting.

• Like 1

Indeed. Its really not as bad as I thought when I first tried it though. Certainly had worse.

definitely.... it's the only thing my uncle really ever drinks.  it's really not that bad at all.  rolling rock and many others in my opinion are worse.  not to spin off on a tangent.

• 3 months later...

Who cares! As long as they follow the laws and hunt responsibly.

Exactly. We should be welcoming any new hunter that hunts resposibly, safely and enjoys the sport. Who cares what they wear, what kind of haircut they have or what music they listen to. Why anyone would argue about new hunters being good for the sport is completely beyond me.

• Like 4

Hipsters are obviously lousy hunters.  They hunt for food, but are totally emaciated on the verge of starvation.  They need mentors before they all die off.

be careful mentoring hipsters. they can be very cool and you will get pulled into the occasional good conversation until that fateful day when they say something so ridiculous that your eyes get that blank stare and you just blow your brains out.

seen it happen, wasn't pretty.

• Like 1

Exactly. We should be welcoming any new hunter that hunts resposibly, safely and enjoys the sport. Who cares what they wear, what kind of haircut they have or what music they listen to. Why anyone would argue about new hunters being good for the sport is completely beyond me.

don't think anyone really thinks it bad for the sport. funny, ironic, kinda weird?, but definitely not bad.

It's crap. You're not fooling anyone. People drink it because it's cheap and nothing else.

PBR is our hunting camp beer of choice. Ice cold it is good stuff!! A tad on the warm side???? Not the best. I know an ex-cop who was assigned to be Paul Newman's Bodyguard, when he was in Syracuse filming the movie "Slap Shop", back in the 1970's.  Newman only drank PBR and called it "F-ng good beer" LOL!! If its good enough for Butch Cassidy (or was he the Sundance Kid??) It makes ya wonder

PBR is our hunting camp beer of choice. Ice cold it is good stuff!! A tad on the warm side???? Not the best. I know an ex-cop who was assigned to be Paul Newman's Bodyguard, when he was in Syracuse filming the movie "Slap Shop", back in the 1970's. Newman only drank PBR and called it "F-ng good beer" LOL!! If its good enough for Butch Cassidy (or was he the Sundance Kid??) It makes ya wonder

An ice cold beer is always good. There's no arguing that!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I know several guys who have no regard for money and they love their PBR. In fact, I met Jay Chandaskar (Indian guy from Beerfest), or however you spell it, at a nice bar in NYC once and he was drinking PBRs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I know several guys who have no regard for money and they love their PBR. In fact, I met Jay Chandaskar (Indian guy from Beerfest), or however you spell it, at a nice bar in NYC once and he was drinking PBRs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Some people just want to rehydrate with water. I mean PBR.

• Like 1

You said the same thing about skinny jeans

Can't say I've ever tried them on. Probably the first fashion statement where I realized I am comfortable being older, because there is no way I will ever wear them.