Upgrade plug for NEF ml

sbuff

I shoot PR bullets out of my savage and deer hate them.The majority of the deer I have shot with that bullet are DRT.Out of 9 deer killed with the PR 2 have ran about 40-50 yards.Those were smaller deer so I don't think the wallop of the bullet was dumped into the body.Love em!!!!

Machinist turned me onto these and I have to agree with what he said about their performance on deer. I have used them on the last 3 ML deer I have killed.

If there other products work as well as their bullets, you will be very happy.

Edited by Terry

Sorry but I will keep my plastic primer holders as they work great especially for anyone who has arthritis in their hands . If you see the orange tab sticking out , you can be pretty darned sure that the gun is primed . Don't know why folks don't like the orange primer holders as they can be used over and over . I could purchase 50 of the plastic primer holders for the price of a conversion plug .

Sorry but I will keep my plastic primer holders as they work great especially for anyone who has arthritis in their hands . If you see the orange tab sticking out , you can be pretty darned sure that the gun is primed . Don't know why folks don't like the orange primer holders as they can be used over and over . I could purchase 50 of the plastic primer holders for the price of a conversion plug .

I like them for basically the same reasons.  Easier for me to prime the tabs and keep them in my pocket than to try loading a primer alone in the cold.  Neat idea though.

Eddie , the Orange primer holder will not ignite bh209 100% of the time with any primer used, not to mention hang fire issues. For that reason the MU , metrics unlimited plug was created by nick Allen. Cecil has just given users of the fine guns another choice for 100% ignition all the time with any powder or primer used.

Last I knew you could put a primer carrier in your gun with out a primer , so be safe and be sure it's unloaded the old fashion way, your eyes.

I also know you can't use them after a certain point, my MU plug has over 500 rounds on it, no carrier will come close to that.

As for the price, it might be high but a discount gets applied after purchase, also Cecil doesn't sell junk, I am sure it's top quality.

Steve

Edited by sbuff

Fine , but I will stick with what works for me .

I use 777 loose powder and have NEVER had a hang fire .

Of course you could put a primer carrier in your gun with out a primer and would assume that the gun is possibly ready to fire . You wouldn't know that with the converted primer plug as no tab would be visible .

I have a small pill carrier that will hold 2 primer carriers on each side . Never had the need to use more than one on any hunt .

If it works , don't fix it !

That's fine , you can still use them , just letting people know there is a far better choice. One other point on the carriers, they are dirty for sure, along with heavy blow back.

Keep me posted after 30 or so shots on the same primer carrier how easy it is to get the primer out. Much easier to do on any modified plug.

Good luck to ya .

Steve

I shoot PR bullets out of my savage and deer hate them.The majority of the deer I have shot with that bullet are DRT.Out of 9 deer killed with the PR 2 have ran about 40-50 yards.Those were smaller deer so I don't think the wallop of the bullet was dumped into the body.Love em!!!!

I wish I could find a Savage ML II nowadays...One of the best ever made. I remember when they were making them and they were at $600... be lucky to find one let alone pay near a $1000 for one.